SKcats fleet, Japshow!

Skcat

1 hour ago, Rust Collector said:

Nice purchase on the Prelude! I miss driving mine, they're fantastic cars. Those DOHC VTEC engines are pretty indestructible too - back when I was at the main dealer I got a Civic VTi on 220k miles in exchange for about £30 worth of kebabs, it smoked a bit on crossover but was still a rocketship and never let me down in the time I had it. I still see it driving around after selling it to a local lad. 

In terms of rust, keep an eye on the seam where the rear inner arch and the rear quarter meets, from memory there should be a rubber trim on that with sealant inside to stop water wicking in via capillary action and rotting the panel out from the inside. On my one the windscreen frame started to bubble up as well, and I ignored it as the car was laid up which resulted in the windscreen cracking pretty spectacularly!

Is yours a BB4 chassis with 2 wheel steer or a BB1 with 4 wheel steer?

The car already seems to have had some surgery. But I can't tell the extent of it so far. They seem to rust very badly. And mines got a cracked windscreen too! 

Its a BB1, But the 4ws only seemed to working when I first picked it up, stopped working shortly after. 

The blower motor got delivered today so hopefully I can get that sorted tonight! 

Blower motor is now fixed! Pulled the dash out to find the 4WS and abs bulbs have been pulled, replaced them and thankfully the 4ws is not playing up. But when the abs system faults it disables 4ws.

The abs turns on a few seconds after heading off so I would assume its a wheel sensor. Will need to properly diagnose it either way! 

• 2 weeks later...

So I figured out the ABS sensor on the rear right wheel was bad and bought a replacement for £50, that solved the first fault code. The second code then came up, "motor overrun". The abs pump motor has failed basically and they are like gold dust. 

I've disconnected the ABS ecu and now the ABS is "disabled" rather then "faulty" the four wheel steering works. 

Its amazing fun! Especially in a multistory at 10mph, but you can feel the rear end turn in at higher speeds. 

• Skcat changed the title to SKcats fleet, Japshow!

I saw this montego estate in the wild and asked the owners about it. They said they would sell it if they price was right but let me have a good look around. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mot has recently ran out but it looks solid in the right places. Just a shame its sat around doing nothing.