Correction Fred

horriblemercedes

45 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Do any of those warning lights extinguish when you start the engine? 

If they do, be worried. It won't be long until they don't. 

ABS and traction control stay on. I've got a new ABS sensor on the way which will hopefully sort it.

Stopped at services for a quick leg stretch as I'm running early. I don't know how accurate the computer is, but this seems impressive if it's accurate. 3.0 petrol V6 with five speed manual, for reference. 

DSC_0090.JPG

I don't often drive trucks, in fact I haven't for nine months according to the tachograph. A friend asked if I could get it to his yard for 7am today. Selby to Swindon ish. Turned up in Selby at 2am to find the sketchiest guy ever. He made me wait in my car while he went to find and chain up his Alsatian. 

Drove the truck 215 miles with a warning buzzer that I couldn't silence and a suspended seat that must have a broken damper in it. Every little bump causes it to fly violently to the top of its travel, crash into the bump stops and then pogo. Still, successful trip so no complaints! Now waiting for my pal for breakfast and a lift to the train station 

'Cos they're cool?

Years ago when I lived in Norwich, some pikeys members of the itinerant Irish community dumped a stolen 18-tonne curtainsider on the car park opposite my flat at 3am one night.  I wouldn't have noticed but they started poking around my Mk1 Transit camper - fortunately they scarpered when they set the alarm off.  I went out to investigate and found that they'd dropped the keys to the lorry in the middle of the car park.  I was so tempted to put on some gloves and take it for a spin - I chickened out though...