Spartacus - Collection update on page 5

Mrs Spart

5 hours ago, Mrs Spart said:

Seriously guys, any help with any of the vehicles is truly appreciated. 👍🏽🥰🥲

I'd love to help with your MGB, but I'm pretty full on busy myself too at the moment. However you seem pretty busy too, so I guess not so much of a rush on that one. 

What needs doing on the BMW? Some of it might be fixable for a lot cheaper by someone on here. E.g. the Speedo dashboard cluster often goes and the cost to send it off to be fixed is really expensive, but it's possible to fix them for a lot cheaper.

Morning All,

Today is @spartacus(Giles) funeral. Due to Covid restrictions, the Crematorium holds a webcast for those that would like to attend virtually.

Name

Giles Fear

Chesterfield Crematorium - Default Chapel

Date & Time

Wednesday 02/06/2021 11:10

Wesley Event Number

949486 - please quote this on all correspondence and when calling

Requester

B Hattersley

https://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view
Login / Order ID: 96900
Password: ykwxctnq

If you experience issues with your login details please call 01536 314 890.

Following the funeral today, we'd like to get the kind donations to Giles' family. As such, I'll keep the moneypool open until midnight on the 6th June in case anyone else wishes to contribute, then send the money raised to @Mrs Spart promptly.

Thanks all for your generosity

• Stanky changed the title to Spartacus - Collection update on page 5

Sorry only just caught up again with the thread. I only live outside of Alfreton. I own a small van,have access to an a frame or driver with trade policy and possibly a motorcycle trailer. I also have mechanical knowledge with cars and bikes,have a very good mechanic friend as well as bike knowledge too so if you require any assistance @Mrs Spart be it storing something for time being or any help with moving things about and getting vehicles running please don't hesitate to give me a shout on here. If I can provide any help im capable of doing then I will. 

Regards

Thank you @bub2006🥲👍🏽

I've had so many people offer to help and then a few of these people funnily enough talk themselves out of helping 🤷🏽‍♀️ (this includes family members and friends I'm in direct contact with too 🤷🏽‍♀️

I have to praise @Grumblespeedagain...

@Grumblespeednot only kindly offered to help but actually went out of his way to genuinely help and got @spartacusFiat Panda going, for which I am truly grateful. 👍🏽 (sorry I have to thank you again, really is appreciated).

I'm hoping for some kind soul to get my old MGB GT back together... @spartacusremoved the radiator and grill (both still off) but appears to have fixed the water pump. As I keep saying, I'm really no mechanic... It's sat in my garage and I haven't a clue how to put it back together and/or to get it going again... Im hoping its a simple fix. 

As per previous posts, honestly I'd be happy to pay for someone's fuel and time to get this MGB going again... Its my first car but also its a project that @spartacuswas working on.  Seriously folks, if there is a genuine offer to get this MGB up and running again I'm all ears... I know I appear busy... But I'm always busy and this is another job on the list of never ending jobs that needs doing.

Anyway, I know people have kindly offered but can anyone seriously offer to help with the MGB please?🤞🏽 Maybe in a 2 or 3 weeks time? 🤞🏽🤞🏽 As above happy to pay for your fuel and time. 

If you dont get anyone else beforehand, I would be happy to take a look at the MGB when I am up to sort out the Panda.  I can't promise I would be able to fix it but I would be more than happy to take a look at the jobs @spartacus was part way through to give you or someone else an idea of what is needed. Or if its just a case of putting the radiator and the grille back that would be an easy job to sort

Thank you @wesacosa

The Fiat Panda is in Chesterfield (Giles' house) whilst the MGB admittedly is at my place (just outside Retford)...

Giles and I had been together for 6 years and we had so many plans, including Giles moving in with me at Retford and us both living our days out here. 😔

• Stanky unpinned this topic