Spartacus - Collection update on page 5

Mrs Spart

Really shocking and sad.

The forum community will obviously help as much as possible regarding any car stuff etc.

I'm at Doncaster should practical local help be required.

Sorry for your loss, Spartacus always came across as a top guy whenever our paths crossed on here. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in real life.

Thank you so much for letting us know, it means a lot to all of us to be informed. We all understand how difficult it must be for you.

Wow, so sorry to hear about this. As evidenced here, Giles was held in high esteem by so many forum members, and was a passionate, enthusiastic guy. I certainly valued his input to help solve my own car maladies; it's a loss that will be widely felt. Best thoughts to all those he was closest to.

Following the very sad news earlier today of the untimely passing of valued member Spartacus, we wanted to continue the AS tradition of raising money in memory of Giles. As can be seen, he was a well respected member on Autoshite, always willing to help others and pass on useful information and will be very much missed.

Anything we raise will be donated in full to the family via @Mrs Spart or donated directly to a nominated cause as the family wishes.

Anything that anyone is able to give will be gratefully received, and we appreciate this even more in the present times. The page we have created can be found HERE

• Stanky changed the title to Spartacus - Collection on page 2
  • Stanky pinned this topic

Hi @Stanky

That's so kind.🥰

May I put it to resurrecting his BMW?  @spartacus beloved 1987 BMW 520i LUX was left to me. He was extremely proud of it. So the plan is to get it going and bring it back home & hopefully find somewhere to store it (& perhaps use on a sunny weekend).  Will of course take photos etc of it (it's currently been sat in a garage at least 6years). 

Also I really hope you guys don't mind me asking but @spartacus was the vehicle person... 

@spartacus had started work on a MGB GT, I believe there was something wrong with the water pump and he's taken the radiator out (sorry I'm really not mechanically minded). Does anyone know of a mobile mechanic that could perhaps put it back together?

.  I'd love to get it started and running again. Would of course happily pay for the work. 

54 minutes ago, Mrs Spart said:

Hi @Stanky

That's so kind.🥰

May I put it to resurrecting his BMW?  @spartacus beloved 1987 BMW 520i LUX was left to me. He was extremely proud of it. So the plan is to get it going and bring it back home & hopefully find somewhere to store it (& perhaps use on a sunny weekend).  Will of course take photos etc of it (it's currently been sat in a garage at least 6years). 

Also I really hope you guys don't mind me asking but @spartacus was the vehicle person... 

@spartacus had started work on a MGB GT, I believe there was something wrong with the water pump and he's taken the radiator out (sorry I'm really not mechanically minded). Does anyone know of a mobile mechanic that could perhaps put it back together?

.  I'd love to get it started and running again. Would of course happily pay for the work. 

I think that would be a very fitting use for what we raise, but it really is wholly up to you. Should you want to, there is a lot of knowledge of MGs and B-series engines on here - I am sure people would be happy to advise, recommend a trusted mechanic or even pitch in should that be desirable.

In the meantime, if there is anything else we can do, I'm sure members would be happy to help where able.

Awful news, never met the chap in question but my god he looks as fit as a fiddle? 

A young single mother where my son works has just been given similar news and will be leaving 2 young children  behind. They're raising funds to basically keep her alive a little bit longer to sort out her affairs. 

We've given her £100 towards the future and I'll do the same here. 

Will let @Stankyknow when it's paid in 👍👍