Specially Adapted Cars

sierraman

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 10:46 PM, anonymous user said:

They certainly do

unnamed.jpg

What's ironic about Hitler's choice of personal transportation is that the name "Mercedes" is named after the granddaughter of noted Austro-Hungarian Rabbinic scholar Adolf Jellinek.

Some of you may already know this fact, but I didn't know about this until recently.

Worlds Fastest Shed? (I saw this in the flesh last year)

Fastest_Shed.jpg

Or as seen in last year's Christmas #1

p091txvb.jpg

This thread has got Edd China written all over it (the shed above beat the record that Edd had previously held). Apparently, at one stage, Edd owned 5 world records.

Largest Motorised Shopping trolley

engineer-ed-china-with-the-largest-motor

Fastest office (The Hotdesk)

010_hot_desk.jpg

Fastest Bed

DUx5EbLWkAAUlnm.jpg

Fastest piece of furniture

TELEMMGLPICT000195766542_trans_NvBQzQNjv

And the fastest Amphibian vehicle

23130580_1585748514848595_33344227844944

I always like trying to work out what custom vehicles like those are based on - the Hotdesk was a Metro underneath and I think the bed was a Beetle.

The Cadbury's Creme Egg vans live at Cadbury World in Birmingham and I think were Bedford Rascal chassis, while the Outspan Oranges were Minis.

14 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I'm not so sure - I was at the Pod when Perry Watkins set a new record with a TVR based dining table

I get what you're saying though, Edd held the record previously 

I get the impression that the minute he breaks a record, someone is setting out to do it again.

He recently set the record for the fastest Electric Ice Cream van. Top Gear immediately set about breaking it (and did).

45 minutes ago, TheOtherStu said:

I get the impression that the minute he breaks a record, someone is setting out to do it again.

He recently set the record for the fastest Electric Ice Cream van. Top Gear immediately set about breaking it (and did).

Isn't that rather the point of it?

Do something, it's a challenge to someone else to better it. Then that's a challenge opened again to whoever.

If we accepted things as the absolute best then nothing would advance. 

45 minutes ago, PhilA said:

Isn't that rather the point of it?

Do something, it's a challenge to someone else to better it. Then that's a challenge opened again to whoever.

If we accepted things as the absolute best then nothing would advance. 

Oh, quite agree. I just find it odd that someone sets a record for something bizarre like that, only for someone else to do it.

I mean, why pick the same thing? There are plenty of inanimate objects about that you could put an engine in. Fastest greenhouse. Fastest chipshop (we have chippy vans locally that come round once a week. Much like an ice-cream van, but sells fish and chips)