Ambitious towbars

sdkrc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

An ambitious towbar you say? 
Picture taken over 30 years ago - yes I still own it and no, it doesn’t have a towbar anymore. 
I did use it for towing (once) and recall a ‘tank-slapper’ moment on the way to the dump with a small trailer when I was driving a little too ambitiously.. 

CFD 

285C269D-A306-4BD2-9EDF-CF273A932ACB.jpeg

On 12/26/2022 at 10:28 AM, Carlosfandango said:

An ambitious towbar you say? 
Picture taken over 30 years ago - yes I still own it and no, it doesn’t have a towbar anymore. 
I did use it for towing (once) and recall a ‘tank-slapper’ moment on the way to the dump with a small trailer when I was driving a little too ambitiously.. 

CFD 

285C269D-A306-4BD2-9EDF-CF273A932ACB.jpeg

124 Spider? Had coupe version years ago. Brilliant little things 

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Yoss said:

Why? 

Something with a very big front overhang? The trailer doesn't look big enough for anything but the smallest car. I'm guessing some sort of plant, a digger perhaps? Still makes very little sense. 

Boredom and a surplus of receiver hitch extensions; it's of no use, the things will bend the minute you try and turn a corner and ground out just as quick.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:49 PM, sheffcortinacentre said:

Unladen like that probably not that much of a problem. Being modern it's probably around a tonne.

The original KA weighs roughly the same as a MK2 cortina!

The light weight MX5 weighs the same as a sierra!

Yeah I was just running it back to the storage facility. Yaris 1.3 has a towing capacity of 1050kg, Brian James is 600kg empty. Towed it no problem