Ambitious towbars

sdkrc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

I was a little surprised to see today a J reg (1970/1) Jaguar XJ6 (possibly XJ12) being used to tow a large caravan.

While it's probably up to the job, most classics this old are quite pampered.

My friend's dad used to use their '76 Daimler for caravaning duties until he got too old for the long drives to the coast. Wish he'd kept the car as it had been in their family for many decades

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Towing with your Up!?

1965902611_IMG_20211003_1641432.thumb.jpg.9c295e5723bdb21be8190d0e909e2e61.jpg

With a cherished plate like that, I'd have thought the owner would have a little man from the village to do manual tasks like take hedgeclippings to the dump.

But here we are.

Brexit, innit. 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, scorchio69 said:

NATO hitches seem to be fitted to anything out here in Qatar and every single time I see one I can only imagine the pain of walking into one whilst walking round the car, tow balls are bad enough but these are just designed by sadists .

Mostly because pintle hooks come as standard equipment on anything but the most basic Nissan Patrol, which is one of if not THE best selling car in the GCC.   

I used to have a combi hitch that 3 different sized balls and the sharpest most lethal looking hook on it. And yes, i did crack my legs on it fairly regularly

Not so much ambitious, and nor do I have a picture, but I once saw a Mercedes G63 AMG towing a Biiiiggg twin axle caravan. What was impressive/stupid is that he overtook me up a big hill- he really booted it and fuck me did it shift whilst also making LOTS of noise 

47 minutes ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Not so much ambitious, and nor do I have a picture, but I once saw a Mercedes G63 AMG towing a Biiiiggg twin axle caravan. What was impressive/stupid is that he overtook me up a big hill- he really booted it and fuck me did it shift whilst also making LOTS of noise 

Some of these big German vans are over 7m, so need a commercial to tow them. Plenty arguments on  caravan forums about that!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...