Tarmac, Transit and oil. A really clever mix.

RustyNuts

Yup, so muggins got a tranny a while back.. all was good but the bugger started dripping a while back. Finally got the time to do a filter and oil change today (naturally the wind decided to show up for the first time in weeks) but i'm not sure that's gonna solve it as i've a feeling with my luck that it's the sump seal or something plugged into it..

Anyway as you'd expect it's been marking it's territory - the usual "I'm a pain in the arse old oily motor and i proudly belong to your neighbour" type of territorial marking..

So now the oil and filter are done i need to clean up after the old dog which learnt a new trick. It's bad, he really did piss everywhere and then today too when (on the only bloody day i had to get it done) the wind kept blowing under the van at the oil trickling out and that was with a big plastic box under it (and by big i mean big - only i can try my best and still get shafted by Murphy*) so now there's little splatter marks to deal with too. This after I had to jump start her old car to get to ECP for another sump plug (knackered seal) and then take another trip for the 36mm oil filter socket. It's been a hell of a day - with me simple things always turn into a disasterous time consuming pain in the grass.

*Have previously used a cement mixing tray under big plastic box and STILL struggled to maintain oil free spills..

I don't want to be an annoyance to the neighbours, they're good people and despite being from the gutter while they're all minted and polishing silver spoons, i'd at least like to pretend i have some sort of standards of decency lol. I don't want to let them down and leave the place looking a state, any ideas please folks?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 6:01 AM, New POD said:

Fairy liquid. NEAT. Pour it on. Rub it in with a stiff brush.  Leave it for the rain to wash it away. 

You good sir shall go down in history as a legend.

Before i tackled the transit drops, i decided to do a test on some spots that the neighbour left (rather large) which also contained 2 of the transits drops too..

Got some cheap green ASDA version.. covered it like a nutter and scrubbed it in like you said. Tried to hose it off a while later, no effect however the next day it went and pissed down with rain. That one patch vanished - so i repeated with the other 3 including the two transit spots.. scrubbed the stuff in, left it several days until it's finally pissed down again today.. IT'S ALL GONE!!! I just been out there and looked (now the car park ground is dry) and theres nothing to be seen!

Sir, you are my hero!