Does AS have a resident Citroen SM? If not, it does now!

richykitchy

22 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Just 'namechecked' your SM, to Scott, on the latest CWM youtube ;)

In the comments? 

I emailed him as you suggested, and he replied right away. Hi Scott (if you're reading this!)

19 hours ago, angle said:

See also the one parked up in a central London side street that I used to walk past every day on the way to the office, alongside a revolving selection of other Citroens, including a DS break full of builders materials. Feels a bit dodgy posting a Streetview link to the exact place, but here's a screengrab:

image.thumb.png.8511e84b24453fdffd13e3a55e7d6392.png

The black BX (K995 BMJ) is the car I'm most intreged about on Rouple St. And yeah, everybody has seen those cars a million times already!

15 hours ago, Slappy said:

Another one who witnessed the escapade emerging with Jonny on Twitter, via the competition* win. Well kept on your promise, you lunatic!

+1 on keeping the US spec front end, I'd not realised that they'd been exported to the States either, so would propose keeping them as is.

If by any chance you want/need an internet stranger who happens to be up t'A3 to stand around and suck air in through one's teeth, I can help! Or hold stuff, I can do that too...

Ha! Well I actually promised to bid on it, not buy it. I was a bit bummed-out that evening, though. Probably did it as a mood booster!

1 hour ago, tooSavvy said:

..... Dont worry about the "ugly" front end. As  a good friend once remarked, "a blowjob is a blowjob. It doesn't matter what she looks like as you cant see her face when shes at work".....

Nice face/Ugly face ??

;)

See, the Euro lights are better, and look better, but unless I happen to chance upon some (unlikely) that I can live with the front end. I'd quite like to put them behind glass, though.

2 hours ago, richykitchy said:

In the comments? 

I emailed him as you suggested, and he replied right away. Hi Scott (if you're reading this!)

The black BX (K995 BMJ) is the car I'm most intreged about on Rouple St. And yeah, everybody has seen those cars a million times already!

Ha! Well I actually promised to bid on it, not buy it. I was a bit bummed-out that evening, though. Probably did it as a mood booster!

See, the Euro lights are better, and look better, but unless I happen to chance upon some (unlikely) that I can live with the front end. I'd quite like to put them behind glass, though.

I think Brodie’s had a set of lenses according to my Sm owning friend. They were wondering about getting them as a spare set until the price was mentioned.

So, either tomorrow or Wednesday (or possibly not at all), my first attempt at a YT vid is due to go up. There is a bandwagon, and I'm hopping on without a ticket!

Channel name: AxleTramp.

Channel content: Chod.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoH_tsP7wkTviMQQiqZZdlg

Would love to see you there/hear your thoughts, when it gets going.

7 hours ago, richykitchy said:

here we are. SM video numero uno

Enjoyable watch 👍

I relate to what you were saying about having almost written off buying a “lotto win” dream car; and how weird it feels to finally own something you’d always talked about but deep down thought you’d never actually get! I went though it recently with an early Granada. 
Cars like that, condition is irrelevant, their presence in your collection is food enough for all the motivation in the world!

I’m not one for naming cars, but she looks like an Alan 😉

C78B3114-FCEC-4DD5-B1B9-2ED5A477D6D8.thumb.png.dd762830b06c10bc09e3c928c8e00204.png

28 minutes ago, rob88h said:

Cars like that, condition is irrelevant, their presence in your collection is food enough for all the motivation in the world!

C78B3114-FCEC-4DD5-B1B9-2ED5A477D6D8.thumb.png.dd762830b06c10bc09e3c928c8e00204.png

I completely agree. My logic was that, should I find it a basketcase beyond redemption, I can just look at it, or in sit in and eat my lunch (all the while I have somewhere to put it, of course!)

Hmmm...Project Alan?! Has it got a ring to it? 

9 minutes ago, richykitchy said:

Project Alan

I like the juxtaposition* of the boring** name of Alan against the exoticness of an SM 😜

(*I had to look that up to: a) check it meant what I thought it meant and b) how to spell it!)

(**not intending to offend any Alan's out there, it wasn't your choice to be named Alan)

On 5/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, richykitchy said:

In the comments? 

I showed MrsDS the picture and as she took it in she went "Oh...aaah...oooh"  :)

1 hour ago, rob88h said:

Enjoyable watch 👍

I relate to what you were saying about having almost written off buying a “lotto win” dream car; and how weird it feels to finally own something you’d always talked about but deep down thought you’d never actually get! I went though it recently with an early Granada. 

If it was a California car the plate would probably be ALIEN. My favourite California plate was on a Plymouth Horizon which was blue and had the plate BEYOND

9 hours ago, richykitchy said:

Anyway, here we are. SM video numero uno:

https://youtu.be/RM3pk7fTX7c

Hi Rich, I really enjoyed watching this.  You've certainly got your work cut out but anything is possible and I think you are probably in a better position than most to get this back on the road. I wish you the best of luck.

Personally I don't watch anything on YouTube with any regularity other than HubNut but I shall be keeping an eye on your station.

6 hours ago, richykitchy said:

I completely agree. My logic was that, should I find it a basketcase beyond redemption, I can just look at it, or in sit in and eat my lunch (all the while I have somewhere to put it, of course!)

Hmmm...Project Alan?! Has it got a ring to it? 

M539 (one of the very few vlogs  (or vloggs whichever is correct I've not a clue) that I follow) always calls his projects from where they originated from - Project Dubai etc - "Project Ohio" would there for work well :D

34 minutes ago, Bstardchild said:

M539 (one of the very few vlogs  (or vloggs whichever is correct I've not a clue) that I follow) always calls his projects from where they originated from - Project Dubai etc - "Project Ohio" would there for work well :D

Allen's the area in Ohio though, I think?