Something foreboding

MisterH

Just seem this on Drivetribe, it is concerning:

https://drivetribe.com/p/upcoming-grand-tour-special-vehicles-HAOewQlzQiebBYcmqI1zFg?iid=C4-rD5r2TyW-0DIt852S-g

3 pieces of French tat in the hands of unsympathetic script-writers (don't hate on the presenters, I don't think they'd approve of needless destruction really) 

I only hope that Covid means the scope for silly antics is limited

1 minute ago, MisterH said:

Yeah its just a worse, less genuine feeling version of TG, with all the clever bits taken out and the winceful bits turned up to 11

The clever bits were taken out many years ago now, I do not understand how anyone still watches this, it is very predictable and not even entertaining. But then I am not 12 years old and I am a car enthusiast so totally the wrong demographic.

Dumping cars out of a fucking helicopter in the fragile wilderness of a national park is fucking inexcusable.

The entire shitshow, its smug arsehole presenters and everyone who works on it or supports it can fuck right off and die miserably as far as I’m concerned, and the sooner the better.

52 minutes ago, MisterH said:

Just seem this on Drivetribe, it is concerning:

https://drivetribe.com/p/upcoming-grand-tour-special-vehicles-HAOewQlzQiebBYcmqI1zFg?iid=C4-rD5r2TyW-0DIt852S-g

3 pieces of French tat in the hands of unsympathetic script-writers (don't hate on the presenters, I don't think they'd approve of needless destruction really) 

I only hope that Covid means the scope for silly antics is limited

Wouldn't be the first white cx estate to die at the hands of Clarkson...

14 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

Dumping cars out of a fucking helicopter in the fragile wilderness of a national park is fucking inexcusable.

The entire shitshow, its smug arsehole presenters and everyone who works on it or supports it can fuck right off and die miserably as far as I’m concerned, and the sooner the better.

I find it hard to believe that it is a show made by car enthusiasts, Actually, I don't believe it in the slightest, and the spectre of Amazon looms over it as the puppetmaster 

I do wonder if the CX and Matra will actually get killed... the article says one thing (that it's perhaps an episode on their love of French cars) and the video from DriveTribe says something else, considering the entire video included a 2CV falling out of the sky, a Scenic being deliberately bashed around and a Saxo being the victim of said bashing.

I'm genuinely curious to see what happens so I'll watch/wince at the episode, no matter the outcome.

1 minute ago, Fumbler said:

I do wonder if the CX and Matra will actually get killed... the article says one thing (that it's perhaps an episode on their love of French cars) and the video from DriveTribe says something else, considering the entire video included a 2CV falling out of the sky, a Scenic being deliberately bashed around and a Saxo being the victim of said bashing.

I'm genuinely curious to see what happens so I'll watch/wince at the episode, no matter the outcome.

Not sure I can stomach it, but then, I would be a hypocrite if I complained about it having never watched it

5 minutes ago, MisterH said:

Not sure I can stomach it, but then, I would be a hypocrite if I complained about it having never watched it

If worst comes to worst and the CX gets destroyed, at least there's a barn full of them (Safaris and saloons of all wheelbases) I remember seeing on here very recently. If the Talbot gets destroyed then that's kind of churlish as it's a rare French classic (A bit like the CX come to think of it). As to what happens to the Avantime... who knows.

All I need to remember is that it's their car and they can do whatever they like, because the car belongs to them, not us.

2 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I genuinely thought The Grand Tour had finished ages ago. It's like groundhog day, but 99.99999*% less amusing. YouTube for me these days,  particularly Vice Grip Garage. That and when I do occasionally watch the box, Car SOS. 

I do feel Car SOS is the best car TV out there by a mile 

Christ, not more of this tedious old bollocks from the ex-TG lot.

Clearly it must pull in the ratings somehow, but I can't quite square the notion of supposedly being a car enthusiast, while smashing older stuff up just for a larf.

The whole Marinas-and-pianos segment got very old very quickly, but the sight of Hammond trashing what was formerly a cherished Allegro 3 estate on a previous GT series made me lose any residual respect for this crew.

Their choice that do this stuff, but equally my choice not to watch this increasingly witless guff.

Can someone on this august forum explain to me what the purpose of Richard Hammond is?

Sadly, there's still plenty of knuckle-draggers out there who still see this washed-up lot as BEST TOP GEAR EVAH!!!!11!!1! when in reality, after a few false starts the current Top Gear just runs rings round this wank.

1 hour ago, Fumbler said:

If worst comes to worst and the CX gets destroyed, at least there's a barn full of them (Safaris and saloons of all wheelbases) I remember seeing on here very recently.....

There's one barn near Diss (actually indirectly linked to Wolsey House Motors), and a very crammed yard of CXs and XMs on an industrial estate allegedly in the Swansea area (but I've never been able to spot it on Google Maps satellite view)

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

The Matra is currently taxed, tested and insured. Which would suggest it’s not been trashed.

The CX is taxed and tested too, with a relatively recent test, so one might hope it doesn't get destroyed.  Safari/familiale models are very thin on the ground now.

12 minutes ago, Talbot said:

The CX is taxed and tested too, with a relatively recent test, so one might hope it doesn't get destroyed.  Safari/familiale models are very thin on the ground now.

The thing is if filming hasn't finished yet it will have to be. The proof will be if it survives the next month

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

A good Safari is worth several grand now but I doubt that would stop them. If it’s a really cliched edition where they take the piss out of French reliability then why not buy a Mk1 Laguna. There isn’t a lot to take the piss out of with the CX, it was a superb car. 

They do.  But then Clarkson also likes the CX, as noted by his comments about it when the C6 was launched.  Didn't stop them destroying the CX camper though.

Mind you, I guess I can't talk.  I've scrapped 2, possibly 3 CXs over the years.  One of which went complete as it was utterly utterly ruined.