Stevens.... Never heard of it !

pbottomley

3 minutes ago, artdjones said:

The trims were on sale in Halfords about 10 years ago, I bought a set for one of my Kangoos. They're a sort of fake E30 BMW trim.

Oh right as I say though they look nigh on identical to montego trims aswell. 

Still think it's a great looking little thing

2 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Fantastic(ally shite); I want one. It's remarkable how many woeful green vehicle schemes have chiselled money out of the Welsh govt despite being shambolically hopeless. Is it for sale?

The owners first words were "do you want to buy it" alas not for me, too many other bits of shite all jammed up, but enough of my constipation.... details unknown as to price etc, but feel free to pop by said garage.... Marshbrook Shropshire

Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 20.34.24.png

The owner (chap at the garage ) said he painted it that colour for the customer as it was originally bright yellow, some google searches indicates that the first production car sold was Yellow and delivered to the the new owner in Acton Scott (a village a few miles from this location). 

http://www.stevensvehicles.co.uk/news.html

29 minutes ago, brownnova said:

This was it just over 2 years ago when I papped it at the same garage.

That's around the same time I saw it in the same location. About half an hour before a really delicious meal at the Station Inn the other side of the road, just over the crossing.

1 hour ago, Stanky said:

Just checked howmanyleft and there are zero results for either 'stevens zecar' or 'stevens zevan' - anyone know what they might have been registered as on their V5c docs?

I think just ‘Stevens - unknown’

Theres no model name on my MoT checker. 

you wont find it on any How many left type sites, as it has no DVLA internal 2 digit alphanumeric make code, which is how those 3rd party sites work

its been manually registered as a STEVENS rather then under any preset and coded manufacturer 

any-who wasn't  @Zelandeth looking for an electric vehicle like this for doing household taxi runs to the train station or something? :) 

Yes, I was pondering an EV for some of my local runs.  However I was thinking more along the lines of an electric Pug 106.  Not least because I loved driving the ones we had as company pool cars.  Electric drive suited the car well and it would quite happily do the electronically limited 55mph.

I don't get the impression the same would be true of that.  Which would make it nigh on lethal around here.

Fascinating little thing though and really sad to see it decaying like that. 

Always baffles me why so many cars when left sitting are left with doors or windows not properly closed.

• 10 months later...

I'm fairly sure there was a discussion about this car before.  There was one in Swansea transport museum too ( or possibly just some written material about them).

The shop behind it when it was yellow looks like Clee Hill electrics who closed down more than 10 years ago.  That looks like the branch in Church Stretton which is just up the road from its current location.