SL's latest car quest: Sorted!

Spottedlaurel

.....oh, and er, get a pic of it side-on please.....

Fear not, it'll be up on the photogenic, uncluttered spot on the common later today for the customary set of pic's.Regarding wheels, it does look 200% better now the trims are fitted. What's nice about them is that they have a bronze tint like the bottom colour on the doors. I do take the point about how far they sit in though - I imagine the steels will be the same, the alloys on my UK car have a 30mm offset. The cheap options I have in the immediate future are:1) Fit alloys off UK car. Similar offset, uglier than the steels + covers.2) Fit set of Lotus alloys that ScrapingScrap/UtterPiffle has spare.3) Fit set of slotmags that I've had for yonks. Worth a trial fit if nothing else.4) Do nothing.Lotus ones might be best, I'll perhaps see if he can bring one along to the Tuesday meat (sic) for a trial fit. These C32's have a very large brake backing plate which doesn't suit all wheels - we certainly couldn't get older Laurel/Skyline alloys onto my other C32.Stuyizz very thoughtfully applied fresh underseal when he was doing the MoT work for me. I take the point about the Waxoyl etc.Body-wise there are odd bits to sort, just little chips etc other than the odd bit of grot. Think I will have a chat with friend Nick about how to deal with them on a rolling basis, perhaps getting a panel or two at a time sorted as and when Xmas bonus, eBay sales etc permit. White should make it a bit easier? Fortunately it's not a pearl finish or anything like later ones.Right, off in my other piece of 1985 loveliness now to help Baz get that R9, seeya!