SL's latest car quest: Sorted!

Spottedlaurel

Aarghhh! Thought I was sorted, then this appears:

Posted Image

A car I've always wanted, since they were quite new and I was 18. Still regret not going to view one in 1989 instead of the Sunny B11 coupe (distinctly less sporting!).

I suspect it will go for decent money, which would make the decision for me, but a dream stable would be this and the C32.

Are you interested in scans of my brochures? Don't have that many and it will take a few weeks (two weeks free from work and thus no scanner access) but I've got some nice 60's Yota stuff...

I would be very interested, yes! Would be much appreciated.

A car I've always wanted, since they were quite new and I was 18. Still regret not going to view one in 1989 instead of the Sunny B11 coupe (distinctly less sporting!).

Eh? You've already had one of them! Ohhhh, a GT. Must be a rare beast, I've never heard of it! Sounds like a good one too, with an alarm of all things! Any brochures for them?

Eh? You've already had one of them! Ohhhh, a GT. Must be a rare beast, I've never heard of it! Sounds like a good one too, with an alarm of all things! Any brochures for them?
Err, yes :wink: UK pre- and post-facelift ones, Japanese (Familia) and Australian (including Ford Laser version). Maybe European and US too, can't remember.

And I see the 323 estate has been acquired by our own Heidel_Kakkao :lol:

It's even got stripey seats!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope those naff hubcaps are going in the bin though!!

Glad the 323 wagon has gone to an autoshite/rr meamber, in the end i couldn't get the cash together plus it would have ment getting rid of the hatch, which i'm not board with yet :D The 323 GT looks nice plus its in Essex there was a un moted silver one that went for good money earlier in the year.

Yeah I could not resist it in the end :D I have been in touch with the seller and will be picking it up on Friday, already booked my train ticket and then it should be a nice cruise back to Brum.Glad to see I have not stepped on your toes as it were Mat.T :) If and when I decide to sell it you can have first dibs if you want.Hubcaps will be going straight in the bin Hirst and the steels getting a coat of my trademark :roll: satin black hammerite. What PCD will it be so I can keep an eye out for a decent set of rims? 4x100 or 4x114.3?I will start a new thread on here/RR once I get it in my grubby mitts and have taken some decent piccies of it. I have got to go and wash and photo the Acclaim now as it will be going back on E-bay :? Not got mega attached to it yet though so not too bad really.

Glad to see I have not stepped on your toes as it were Mat.T Smile If and when I decide to sell it you can have first dibs if you want.

i might well take you up on that :D i am pretty certian it will be 4x114.3 so lotus, triumph 2000, early rx7 wheels all possible cheap options.

When you get it, you need to take some better pics, including a nice side-on one so I can get the wheel editing action going!

Will do :D Have you got any brochure scans knocking around, maybe with pictures of antiques being moved in them etc :lol: Also the 323 GT ad has been updated, lots more piccies. It looks even cooler now 8)

H_K, have done a few scans for you, will get them up soon.The idea of the 323 GT is really growing on me, as well as viewing the C32 on Saturday I’m then hoping to look at the Mazda on Sunday as I’m down in Essex by neat coincidence.The way I’m looking at is that the chances of getting a UK-spec GT in decent nick are incredibly rare, whereas I could get some random piece of JDM pillarless classiness imported more or less whenever, even if one didn’t turn up in the UK. OK, wouldn’t be quite so convenient as buying it in the next county like I would be able to do here, but it’s something that will always be possible.It’s a shame the Mazda’s MoT isn’t a bit longer, but at least it has enough T&T to get me home and use for a month or two. We’ll see, depends whether it gets many bids between now and the weekend.As I said, it’s a car I wanted back when I was 18/19 and my recent experience with the green 1.3 Mat now has hasn’t diminished my desire for one, if anything it’s made me realise they really are very good cars.If the C32 owner would take a silly offer I might see if I can stretch to that too, but then the Accord would definitely have to go.Obviously I reserve the right to buy neither and have my head turned by something else in the meantime…

That's it, for posting that ad, you have to drive around blasting the music on a loop whilst singing along!More ad rubbish:

- Familiaaaaaa!

Sorry, would have helped if I’d posted a link wouldn’t it…http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0156430774Good ones make really quite healthy money, relative to most old Japanese cars anyway. Probably one of the few that would be financially worthwhile to restore unless it’s an absolute shed.

Despite a full-on family weekend, I managed to sneak in viewings on these two thanks to them helpfully being en-route:

Posted Image

Posted Image

323 was great, but not what I want from my main old car, so it's likely that the C32 will get the nod. Just got to check that my usual classic insurance people will take it on (or find someone who will if not).

Of course, stuff like this inside didn't sway me at all...

Posted Image

Not sure if this pic shows it, but there are Laurel-embossed floor mats front and rear 8) Also cruise, AC, PAS, pillarless (with removable top mount for belts so it doesn't spoil the lines) auto lights, electric covers for the foglights etc etc. Not perfect, and not especially cheap, but it satisifes most of my criteria.

Indeed DC. I’d have to become SpottedMaz or something, which sounds like a far inferior and teenage version of KingMaz.Amused by ‘mentalist’. Actually makes more sense than Medalist, what does that mean then?Is it wrong that I keep looking at the pic’s I took of it? You’re right about potential. Apart from the unique panels, interior and glass, the running gear offers lots of possibilities. Either some hi-po RB20/25 upgrade, or chuck in an L24E if it all goes badly wrong. 4x114.3mm PCD wheels (currently got steels with nice original hub caps). IRS should all be same as later UK SGX models, and I’ve got a front end full of steering/suspension for it on my dead one. Hmmm, coil-over conversion on the struts perhaps?...RESULT! Just rang my insurers, they’re happy to take it on my classic policy, fully comp and 5000 miles pa (includes business use) for about £100. Same cost they did the 323 and Starlet for! As always, I have to have another car for everyday use, but at my advanced age insurance on the Camry is <£200 a year so that’s no problem. 323 GT actually felt a bit too raucous for my taste, if I had another I’d rather have an OAP-spec 1.3 again, bit softer but still fun to drive. I shall hang until I get a call from local 323 owner Olive about her lovely silver one.BTW, like your Tamiya Brat avatar DC. Saw one of them in a shop recently, very tempting except I could buy a real car for what they cost new...

Indeed DC. I’d have to become SpottedMaz or something, which sounds like a far inferior and teenage version of KingMaz.

:lol:

BTW, like your Tamiya Brat avatar DC. Saw one of them in a shop recently, very tempting except I could buy a real car for what they cost new...

Am I right in thinking it's just a radio controlled Subaru MV pickup? Did they called it Brat in Japan? I'm thinking how cool it would be if there was a radio controlled toy version of all the cars we like! Imagine, radio controlled toy Morris Marina van with AA decals one the side! 8) Or Radio contolled Citroen GS with raising & lowering suspension!