SL's latest car quest: Sorted!

Spottedlaurel

So will end with some £37k Korean tat:

Posted Image

E-Class S-Type XG300 Clarus (Magentis at a push). Utter shite, but nice engine (same as mine in the Carnival)

Hey, thats a Kia Amanti (US name)! - drove one in the US this spring - perfectly acceptable for freeway cruising, nice poky engine - 3.8 V6?.

Not as good as the Lincoln Town Car I had for the first week though!

OK, I agree with the engine - either 3.5 or 2.7 depending on its spec. It is a cracker of an engine, but the car just looks totally wrong from every angle. The real Shite angle here is that in China, it'll cost you 37 thousand pounds!I have a Kia Carnival (Sedona in UK) with the 3.5 V6. MPV's shouldn't move that fast! Trouble is I get through 2 sets of front tyres a year, and the shell is not strong enough to cope with the horrendous diagonal speed bumps we have at the entrance to every car park, all of them need to be taken at an angle - now the rear doors really don't close smoothly.Back to the Opirus / Amanti - would you part with thirty seven grand for it?

Yeah, I had. In fact I'd posted a piccy of it in my original post, I think. Went for £340 in the end, more than I would go without wanting to know more about the damage which the pic's didn't really show very well.The C230 I was originally very keen on has reappeared on eBay for £2000 starting bid, BIN £2250 or something. Gutted! Should have rung him sooner, and will pay more attention to ad's in CCW in future. There are a couple of decent-sounding F10 100A/120A's in there, but they're not special enough for me. I want to keep my money in RWD, preferably six-cyl, stuff.The C32 is still the most likely one for me.

I wishi'd never seen the blue rwd 323 estate; I’ve already stuck a few bids on it.

Seller doesn't mention in the ad that it's rear drive; if he'd put "RWD drift retro" in the title the drift monkeys would have been fighting to yank his hand off at the buy it now price. I hafta say that if I were a little more flush I'd be sorely tempted myself.

I wishi'd never seen the blue rwd 323 estate; I’ve already stuck a few bids on it.

Pic's aren't great, but even at the BIN it seems A Very Good Car. Again, one of those "If I didn't have the Accord" cars.Mr_Bo11ox always speaks highly of that model 323. Make a good pair with your hatch.

C32 hardtop moving a step closer to reality. Had a fairly long chat with the owner, going to view it next weekend. Some handy bits have been done on it like cam belt and part exhaust, and it has no rot (supposedly).I've had other strange notions today, like a 3.8 '87 Thunderbird on eBay for £800-odd, or that Allegro 1750HL in this week's CCW for £995.C32 much more sensible...

Camry's a great find! Another of those "If I didn't have the Accord..." cars. Yes, they're FWD, can't remember if they were first FWD or Toyota sold here or similarly angular Tercel.It's a pov-spec one too, black bumpers and steelies ahoy! Two-tone and alloy wheel-shod a spectacularly chintzy machine.Starion not quite me somehow, though I wouldn't say no to a Z31 300ZX as they have that wafty old V6.Nope, unless something truly gobsmacking turns up between now and next weekend, or the C32 turns out to be a pile of poo, I hope to be JDM hardtop cruising in the near future.

Posted Image

Not exactly inspiring and rubbish photos but this Camry looks pretty cool :D Would it be RWD or FWD?, if I had to guess I would say FWD :?

That is incredible!! Wonder how many left? A worthy contender alongside the Charmant for "blandest car of all time".

Classic case of Toyota blanding up the vehicles for us though, check out this Japanese turbo version:

http://www.geocities.jp/takachan_m2002/ ... camry2.jpg

http://www.geocities.jp/takachan_m2002/ ... camry3.jpg

Lovely.

Boo, anti-link! I've always been of the opinion that if you don't want a picture shared around the Internet, don't bother uploading it in the first place. Hence why linking to pics on Old Japanese Car isn't just allowed, but freely encouraged!Still, I'll have a sniff around Yahoo Auctions later and see if I can dig up any old Camrys.

There's a fair number of my brochure scans yet to be processed and uploaded by the crack team of IT experts residing at OJC HQ, in the meantime here's one direct from my Photobucket:

Posted Image

It's a 5dr version of the Vista, a version of the Camry through a different dealer chain. Hatches like this were also sold in the USA I think?

In my younger days, I sometimes used to get ferried around by a colleague in an Executive version of the Camry. Lots of mock stitching and moquette trim.

There's a fair number of my brochure scans yet to be processed and uploaded by the crack team of IT experts residing at OJC HQ

I heard a rumour that they'll be doing a massive "job" of them this bank holiday weekend! Hope it turns out to be true.....The wacky grille makes it, I think.