Endfloat - My YouTube channel and my introduction

Endfloat

Hi folks! Firstly, thanks for having me! I found out about this forum through watching Hubnut videos, and I am a massive fan of his work. I am an enthusiast of the "everyman" car. The ones my dad had when I was growing up, and have a particular soft spot for Volkswagens with round headlights (lost interest in them after that) and classic British cars such as MGs, Minis, Austins (or Austi?) and Triumphs. I am currently restoring a purple 1974 MGB GT that's been sitting up since 1991, and my 1974 1303S Beetle with a 1915cc engine in the back is nearly finished having some bodywork done and an appearance change, My wife and I also have a 1987 VW T25 camper and a 1991 Mk2 Golf driver auto. 

Now, about my channel, Endfloat. I won't lie. It is hugely inspired by Hubnut, as well as by Mustie1 and Aging Wheels. I watched a lot of these guys' videos and thought "I wonder could I do this?"

Well, here's a couple of links if I can be so bold?

Where it all started with the MG

My 1303 Beetle just before it went in for bodywork

The TDI engine swap I did on our T25

Thanks folks, and I look forward to perusing your fantastic forum!

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

I’ll have a look. So long as it’s not got a 30 minute interlude where you plug Festool biscuit cutters or give a presentation on pills to avoid erectile disfunction I’ll give it a watch. 

You won't be watching my next one then?

I shall give it a watch over the weekend @Endfloat!

Thanks, lads! 

I did make the conscious decision when it came time to monetize my channel to not include mid-roll ads, so there shouldn't be any. 

I got a bit done on the MG today.  I painted the rear scuttle with black 2 part epoxy to keep the rust at bay. It will get a coat of purple in the end. Here's a pic of my progress...

IMG_20210417_171908.jpg

14 hours ago, Endfloat said:

Thanks, lads! 

I did make the conscious decision when it came time to monetize my channel to not include mid-roll ads, so there shouldn't be any. 

I got a bit done on the MG today.  I painted the rear scuttle with black 2 part epoxy to keep the rust at bay. It will get a coat of purple in the end. Here's a pic of my progress...

IMG_20210417_171908.jpg

Nothing wrong with mid roll ads, as long as it's done right. Which no one seems to do! Google doesn't know best, so don't let it place ads in places that it thinks is good.

Check out Plainly Difficult, he does mid roll adverts but the videos are edited to suit. So where he puts them in, the video will have the old school black and white bar at the top, and the video goes dark for a second for the advert to play. So it feels very much like you're watching Channel 4 for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a long battle involving some full on shouting matches and tantrums on my part trying to get my car back from the body shop (it was there for over a year and a half when it was supposed to take 3 months and there was a lot that wasn't done right) I finally got it back and got stuck into the reassembly of my 1303S Beetle. There's a lot to do but I'm off to a good start...

https://youtu.be/aZKCC3SUFBA

The blebs in the paint look like someone had been using WD40 in the spray shop.

Does it appear that they have sprayed over the dent or did the dent happen after? Its going to be a bugger to blend into the new paint - did you get any of the paint 'for touching in scratches' when you collected the car?

Love the colour and be thankful that you have coloured wires in the loom. Citroen thought it was a good idea to use all black wires and put coloured terminals on them for identification. But over the years the colours all fade to beige.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, DSdriver said:

The blebs in the paint look like someone had been using WD40 in the spray shop.

Does it appear that they have sprayed over the dent or did the dent happen after? Its going to be a bugger to blend into the new paint - did you get any of the paint 'for touching in scratches' when you collected the car?

Love the colour and be thankful that you have coloured wires in the loom. Citroen thought it was a good idea to use all black wires and put coloured terminals on them for identification. But over the years the colours all fade to beige.

I can imagine it was some sort of contamination whatever it was. Hopefully I won't have a problem getting him to put them right. The dent looks like it was painted over. What happened is this character had my car for over a year and a half and I had some full blown shouting matches (threats and swearing included) just to get something done with the car. I threatened him with legal action and all. It was a nightmare. Coming towards the end, he decided to close up shop and he's going working for his brother in law, so all that did was rush him in the wrong way, meaning there was a lot not finished on the car and a lot of shortcuts taken.

Honestly, I find it very hard to find a decent body shop in Ireland who won't either throw a saddle on me or stick the car down the back and say "Ahh that's grand now, I can tip away on that when I'm not busy". I mean, what annoys me is I could drop my Toyota Auris in for a dent repair, a car I don't give a shite about and it'd be finished in a couple of days, but I cannot get someone to work on a classic car for me in a timely manner. Many classic car enthusiasts in Ireland feel the same as me!