14 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

That's fantastic! 😅

Are you going to drop the lump back in and smoke the old girl around as is for a minute as a basic shakedown? 

As much as it would be fun it has no seats, no brakes, half the suspension is missing and.. the thought had occurred but probably not...!

However, this is better yet. The carb is definitely not happy; but all I did was just clean the crap out of it, tear a couple gaskets and hope it worked.

It'll do for now, in going to maybe see about just throwing a rebuild kit on it but the shafts are worn, it's missing a bunch of stuff that's really quite useful to have.. bought some ATF to drop into the gearbox if I can figure out the cooling lines and the snazzy exhaust there doesn't clear the big oil filter (smaller ones are available).

I plan on running in the cam and lifters if I can then setting the engine and gearbox aside and making a start on the body.

Phil

10 hours ago, Jenson Velcro said:

I’m really surprised that the torque reaction didn’t have the engine falling over or dancing across the floor.

That was just to idle speed- could probably rock it if it was actually wanting to run properly.