1966 Plymouth Fury 3

PhilA

20210415_203937.thumb.jpg.9d0e3eedc6e730ffec90e0f5d3a83780.jpg

Long road home...

The car was originally white.

I'll show you some of the superb* paintwork on it when it gets here.

At this time it needs a repaint. I'm thinking either a royal purple or candy apple red.

(That's obviously a ways down the road, I've got a lot of eBay/Classic Industries in my future, I think).

Phil

Looks like I'm mostly going to be looking for random bodywork fittings, trim and interior. And a few interesting parts like the air-conditioning compressor, wiper motor, etc.

But I've yet to dig into it too far... But quite a lot is available aftermarket, these cars are fairly popular. Not as popular say as as mustang of the same era but they're still popular.

Just waiting for it to arrive.

for those curious on the NASCAR looking car you can find a few more details in this video here :) 

the youtube channel is worth having a look at if your into car based video game shenanigans, the survive the hunt series is particularly good :) (and other fun ones like the entire grid of stock 2CV's round the ring that I have posted before)

but back to @PhilA's I would vote to keep it stock, I particularly like the steelies it has with the wheels tucked quite far into the bodywork it really gives it that barge look which I like :) 

sorry to hear what happened with it and its previous keeper, but I am very much looking forward to seeing you sorting it out properly :) 

13 minutes ago, hairnet said:

had this car as an avatar pic on forums maybe 15 years ago

cant find actual pic as had many computers since then (it was facing the other way :D )

has been in top 5 want for far longer than that

phil you evil man :D

mopar.jpg

That's a 67-70 though. 

However, I do like that color combination.

22 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Nice!  Although even in that photo you can tell that the paintwork is perhaps not the best...

20210416_145419.thumb.jpg.ccdf3978f8dbb6a351689a39c618dc5b.jpg

20210416_145253.thumb.jpg.9a0566758b18f20218993c4ed8567a17.jpg

It's fiiiiiinnnne.

20210416_145338.thumb.jpg.618be27ec7b4283b6e333b9ddd8ab510.jpg

Threw a fan in because they caught a small amount of rain as they got near here and one side of the rear seat is a bit damp.

Phil