car-from-uk.com

MisterH

For a long time I have tried to get to the bottom of the mystery that is this site

It has a range of very interesting stuff for sale, however it just feels really dodgy, yet it hasn't been taken down in all the years I have known it to be out there. In around 2013 or so my father and I saw a tasty UK registered Matra Bagheera for sale on there and messaged the seller. They never got back to us, while it could just be a one-off, I have never trusted the site since. There are many things that just seem off about it, even though there seem to be relatively recent "is this car still for sale" public messages from punters, the adverts never seem to disappear or sell.

When I try to find reviews of this site I find nothing, but the cars are genuine. Is is a dead site, or a scam, or something inbetween?

Here's an example, let me know what you think:

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=193562&country=uk

I think it's an aggregate site, ie the listings are just culled from other places on the web and then I would guess the website sells advertising to third parties on the basis of its thousands of adverts. I have never heard of anyone either buying or selling a vehicle through this website in all the years I've been aware of it.

Edit: if you look at the bottom of most listings there is a small line of text that says 'Also published on ebay.co.uk' or whatever

1 hour ago, anonymous user said:

Barrett is correct, they don't seem to take links down when things sell either. I never advertised directly with them and sold this a few years ago.

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=235590&country=uk

That is very interesting, I guess it is quite good for seeing how prices have changed over the years, but it is annoying that it isn't clear

• 2 months later...