'96 Granvia out and about.

Joey spud

• Joey spud changed the title to '96 Granvia out and about.

The Granvia has been taken for a weekend away by the sister-in-law down to Glastonbury  (she is a wannabe hippy).

I suggested she slept on the rear seating as Toyota had envisaged but she wanted to use her camp bed so out came the seats,no big deal but a bit of a faff to store.

The van didn't come with its original curtains so Mrs Spud spent an absolute age making some from scratch and after a bit of gentle lubrication of the runners they all open and close at the touch of a button.

The Hiace wheels with their 65 instead of 70 profile and a slightly lower load rating tyres have improved its ride too.

FB_IMG_1631340290082.thumb.jpg.07cc5a00910b5a64c463e407b86c71d4.jpg

FB_IMG_1631340278859.thumb.jpg.4cbef40aced72cb1b2ebe5876bb3a42d.jpg

These mirrors that Jap imports of a certain age came over here with always interested me and i assumed they were just a bit of added bling but no they actually work really well when backing into tight spaces.

I see some later JDM vans also have front fender mirrors too,i asked the guy i bought the Granvia from about these as he had some fitted to an imported minibus he was converting to a camper and he reckoned the mirrors were fitted to the JDM stuff because the Japanese people are much more caring and wouldn't want to damage their own or other peoples property by parking carelessly.

I need a bit of paint work doing despite the parking mirror the tail gate has had a bump and the paint on it and much of the roof is mostly deviod of any lacquer.

Maybe i will get lucky and find a decent tailgate in the right colour somewhere and as for the roof as its out of sight i have had thoughts about vinyl wrapping it in an inoffensive colour.

20210821_184042.thumb.jpg.6cf86617078fbb4ca524150d94832251.jpg