dozeydustman

South Coast gathering at Amberley - VOAT NOW  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred date?

• Saturday 3rd July
    • Saturday 17th July
    • Either is good.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/21 at 15:25

On 03/06/2021 at 17:44, Slappy said:

Slight thread bump and adjustment of my availability...

Only a maybe for the 3rd July option now as slightly more important* life events involving a first chat with a midwife has now landed on the same date. Will have to play slightly by ear. Would definitely be oot for the 17th.

I'm sorry I was unable to make the 3rd work for you but you have my heartiest congratulations on hearing your wonderful news.

I'm tagging people who have confirmed they're coming or have expressed interest

Attending:

@Stanky
@Fumbler 
@MisterH 
@808 Estate 
@mitsisigma01 
@dozeydustman + Mrs_Dustman
@Crackers

@CaptainBoom
@lisbon_road 
@155V6 + Miss_155
@Three Speed +1,

Please let me know if you're bringing family members, they're more than welcome as it's a family-friendly place. If anyone fancies a beer afterwards the Brewhouse Project is a 10 minute drive from there and is open until 10pm.

I have a list of nearby hotels and campsites available for those further afield who wish to join us.

Premier Inn have 4 hotels within a 20 minute drive, nearest railway station is Amberley, but not all trains stop there. I can collect 1 person from Chichester, Barnham or Arundel railway station, maybe 2 passengers if you're willing to wear a mask in the car and have ALL TEH WINDOWS open.

1 minute ago, lisbon_road said:

I suggest a special prize for anyone who can get a family member to an AS gathering. I'm looking forward to it! 

wife has said she wants to come, so anyone OTHER than Mrs_dustman will get a prize. I will deserve a prize for putting up with her

3 minutes ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Sadly I don't live in the south east anymore! Yorkshire way these days!

That’s no excuse Ash! There’s a hotel nearby lol. 🤪

All the best to you and miss_waffle in your new life together. There will be many more opportunities to pillage an abandoned vehicle on a driveway somewhere!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/06/2021 at 19:15, dozeydustman said:

It's pay on the door.

£12 per adult, £10 for over 60's and £6.00 kids 6-16

Amberley have since e-mailed me - it is cash at the door but group lead/booker will have to pay in one go (for social distancing)

There are no deposits to pay, basically this means turn up, give me your £ and I’ll give it to the museum.

• 1 month later...

A good Meet up today at Amberley. Because I took a film camera and even then possibly took only about a dozen pics I’ll need to get the film inside finished and then processed. My sole phone snap was this.

ADE021A3-EE8E-4BF1-905F-A38AEF931EB5.thumb.jpeg.21068492866209895fb44285fc6ee264.jpeg

Which was at the request of @mitsisigma01!

Nice to see faces old and new, and the sale of the Ignis was completed in the car park just before we got chucked out for locking up. Weather was glorious and a goodly amount of automotive and general treasure* was looked at. I hope those attending had a lovely time.