dozeydustman

South Coast gathering at Amberley - VOAT NOW  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred date?

• Saturday 3rd July
    • Saturday 17th July
    • Either is good.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/21 at 15:25

26 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I've just seen that Amberley are having their classic car show on Sunday 18th July, I imagine they'd be absolutely overjoyed if us lot filled up their car park with prime chod the day before - "Let's have a look at what you could have won!"

You only "Here's what you could've won" these on Bullseye, if you lived in a tower block in central Birmingham.

MQ.thumb.jpg.79d065e1ce29900991d83705c82c16c0.jpg

UPDATE: I’ve still not heard back from the museum regarding a group booking, which is annoying as they have updated their website recently.

I didn’t specify we were Autoshite, just an online classic & retro motoring forum. Perhaps this is where I went wrong and they think a load of barried up Focuses and Corsas with their Halfords bling will turn up.

A member of this parish has a contact at Amberley so hopefully we can gain some insight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • dozeydustman changed the title to South coast meet-up - 3rd or 17th July CHOOSE NOW
6 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Still not heard so I'm chasing up.

I expect the cost to be £12 per adult if we book as a group (over 60s and under 17s get a discount).

Can you let me know if you are able to come on 3rd July or 17th July. I will go with the majority.

3rd July won't work for me, 17th is fine

bugger, I am 18...

• dozeydustman changed the title to South coast meet-up - DATE POLL ADDED

I still haven't heard from the museum. I'm really hoping they get back soon as they have specifically asked for group bookings to be done by e-mail or phone. I'll give them a ring as and when I get five minutes. With it being 50-50 on the date at the moment that doesn't help the vacuous bread bin I call my cranial cavity.

• 2 weeks later...

@Stanky sorry I've still not heard. I am thinking of giving them a telephone call later this week. I've not even had an acknowledgement that my e-mails have been received which is a bit of a bad show.

I was considering the Hollycombe steam collection but their website says naff all. Brewhouse or Whiteways are both good alternatives

• 2 weeks later...

Slight thread bump and adjustment of my availability...

Only a maybe for the 3rd July option now as slightly more important* life events involving a first chat with a midwife has now landed on the same date. Will have to play slightly by ear. Would definitely be oot for the 17th.

2 hours ago, Slappy said:

Slight thread bump and adjustment of my availability...

Only a maybe for the 3rd July option now as slightly more important* life events involving a first chat with a midwife has now landed on the same date. Will have to play slightly by ear. Would definitely be oot for the 17th.

Congratulations @Slappy & Mrs_Slappy!

Have we heard anything from the museum at all @dozeydustman, should we fall back on plan B?

• dozeydustman changed the title to South coast meet-up - Amberley Working Museum - Saturday 17th July

At last someone from Amberley has contacted me. They can fit us in on 17th but not 3rd.

I'm going to finalise details such as entry time with them over the weekend and confirm the booking - no moneys are needed up front (phew!)

We'll be limited to 30 people including kids.  

I did initially think we'd be limited on number given what the lady on the phone had said, but the form says nothing.

FINAL NUMBERS NEEDED by 3rd July please.

19 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

Can anyone make window stickers? Maybe make a few quid for the forum.

Autoshamble.thumb.jpg.52c2f268853dfbf5d926315bdcc894b2.jpg

If any of the admins know the correct Ausoshite font, I can make it proper profeshernal. :D

I'd speak to @Jim Bell as he gets the Arsehole Shark stickers made. I've had a look at a few places and naturally the more you buy the more you save. £100 for 100 stickers seems to be about right (10cm x 10cm).