dozeydustman

South Coast gathering at Amberley - VOAT NOW  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred date?

• Saturday 3rd July
    • Saturday 17th July
    • Either is good.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/21 at 15:25

Good evening fellow beige friends.

I'm not sure on the possibilities of Shitefest this year, but I am more than willing to organise a day out at the Amberley Working Museum, between Arundel and Storrington in Sussex. It's a great day out full of interesting old tat (not just cars/vehicles).

I'm pretty much occupied until 26th June (Saturday) and I've had sod all decent replies from local campsites if those further afield wish to come along. When they re-open tickets will be sold in advance so I would need firm numbers a few weeks prior. Alternatively we pick a date and book our own. If it's a Saturday I'll book the day off.

If anyone wants to take sneak-peek at the place https://www.amberleymuseum.co.uk

Failing this we could meet at Whiteways again as we did in 2018 - it has food, drink, free parking and (most importantly) a Khasi, or the excellent Brewhouse Project @Stanky found a couple of years ago. https://www.brewhouseproject.co.uk

If it's happening in July you can pencil me in too. Arundel isn't too far away so I've no excuse really.

I may have some training to do in early July, so it'd definitely need to be a weekend if I were to go.

@Fumblerif the date ends up being July I’m keener for earlier in the month before schools break up and prices mysteriously seem to increase.

I will contact the museum - it may be phased entry and limited numbers - and continue to harass some campsites.

‘Autoshambles’ is the correct booking name, is it not?

If anyone is a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club, there are a number of sites they run in this area. Do you have to be a member to enquire?

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/west-sussex/southbourne/chichester-camping-and-caravanning-club-site/

this is a stone's throw from a reasonably priced breaker's yard, again another excellent* day out.

A group booking enquiry has been sent to Amberley Museum,

Myself and some friends from a classic and retro car club would like to visit the museum as a group. Is this still possible with COVID-19 measures in place? Would there be a limit on group size etc.?

We would like to book a Saturday; 26th June, 3rd July or 17th July if this is possible. What is the latest you would need confirmation of final numbers and payment?

I will not be able to come and play on 10th July as it's my brother's birthday the day before and we may not be back in the area in time.

33 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Can I be bothered to ride a 125 bike 172 miles to attend.... Put me down as a maybe lol 

bring the Cedric.

Would love to come along and meet a load of different faces. Haven't had much chance since the Southampton Auction meet ups eons ago! Def can't make the 17th date though, got a combined 30th/new baby/engagement party in Cardiff (I expect a lot of people will have a lot of these events!)

No response yet from the museum; I'll wait a few days as when they open it's something like Wednesday - Sunday. However if/when they do I'd need a heads up on preferred date from interested parties so I can book for the majority and make the booking.

26/6, 3/7 or 17/7

Still no joy from campsites so if anyone is a caravan club member please let me know; there are several CCC sites near here. Again this may be waiting for things to get back to some kind of normality.