Rear wiper deletes

"BROKE KREW" or some other variant of back window sticker

Sun strips

Tacky stickers in general

NRG steering wheels

All of these triple in cringe when they're on a financed hatchback

20180609_181410.thumb.jpg.bd5575e8e350c0469902b343a3ea1743.jpg
20180608_003133.thumb.jpg.4b8b70e65ec6d17075d4fa9d028ddde1.jpg

This is how my old Civic looked before I got it and changed everything, victim of someone still stuck in early 2000s Max Power mindset. The rimz were unbelievably heavy

4 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Was it definitely a roof repaint, or just a red vinyl wrap?

No I think most of his predated vinyl wraps. 

There was a 309 and at least a couple of Corsas. 

He always had regiment stickers in the windows and was always a big part of the remembrance parade, jangling with medals. 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:36 PM, Austat said:

Over-lowering I would say. Lowering the suspension a few inches to give that sporty look is fine, but lowering it to the point where the suspension system is absolutely useless with the underside being scraped along is pretty shite: 

ElDJhtvXYAEru_w.thumb.jpg.26b038fa025093f707f0198a08dbfb47.jpg

This is that absolute fucking roaster that got his car seized in Germany because it wasn’t roadworthy to TUV standard (understandable) and then went crying on instagram because he couldn’t get home. 

• 8 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 8:06 AM, barefoot said:

I've got a sticker on my T2 that says, 'I don't care if your dad used to have one', I am obviously a complete twat.

So is their dad, so that sort of cancels it out. 

On 4/9/2021 at 12:37 PM, bunglebus said:

I see this Mongdeo around occasionally. It's lovely*

20180727_13054720180727_130602033 (2)

That just keeps on giving.

Are those additional indicators cable tied into the grill, or marker lights? Where did he find those anachronistic marker lights under the front bumper? Why are there blue lights on the rear bumper? Why are those England stickers always applied symmetrically? 'Paul' 🤣

The sunstrip pronounced 'Ford performance' on this tit's pride and joy, a Fester ST. Alas within a month of the pride and joy being purchased, it had been rammed into the back of something else, or some Armco, so the bonnet and grille was a bit fucked up. I was quite tempted to source a sub-sunstrip and apply it in the dead of night. It would have read
'...was too much for me'

The sunstrip pronounced 'Ford performance' on this tit's pride and joy, a Fester ST. Alas within a month of the pride and joy being purchased, it had been rammed into the back of something else, or some Armco, so the bonnet and grille was a bit fucked up. I was quite tempted to source a sub-sunstrip and apply it in the dead of night. It would have read
'...was too much for me'

For balance, my company Mk2 Astra 3dr (white, but lacking all the marvellous GTE bits for the full Space Shuttle look) was 'treated' to a dark green sunstrip. In my defence, the sunvisors in the mk2 weren't adequate* on their own, and i did spare it the version of sunstrip that proclaimed 'dude' and 'bitch' etc. And i was 25.

*Take note, Ford. What Vauxhall were getting wrong in 1989, you managed to get even wrongerer in 2010 with the mk2 Focus. The visors in mine might be right for a car the size and shape of a Messerschmitt 3 wheeler...

On 4/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, barefoot said:

I once added a baked bean tin tail pipe trim to my Cortina, but the car was a bit rank, so I think I got away with it.

Cortina.thumb.jpg.eccd8dfc888274fa01186db8efaca880.jpg

'Taste is the enemy of art'

'Smell the flowers'

There's a lot going on there 😅

Did you have a girlfriend at the time? I had a custom vinyl made up for the back window of my mk1 Jetta back in the 90s which stated,

'Do you sell wafers?'

My girlfriend at the time hated it with a passion 🤣. Still left it on display, mind. 

On 4/10/2021 at 12:47 AM, gm said:

this can only be the work of an auld feller ! make sure to click the thumbnails for full graphic detail :) 

post-4462-0-87819000-1551896652_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-80702400-1551896681_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-84490300-1551896712_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-54716300-1551896744_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-89186700-1551896817_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-72021900-1551896848_thumb.jpg

spotted a couple of years back at sainsbys 

OMFG hats off for that one and thanks for the pics. That is outstanding

I was rather upset to learn of that poor Marina's fate.  They didn't know what they were doing; the diesel engine was even put in straight, let alone in any way that might work.  Seemed like the whole thing was being done backwards; first priority ought to have been to fix the body shell, but then what do I know?

The most peculiar example of this school of car modification I have seen was a Fiat Punto that the owner wished to convince the public was a VW Polo.  My sighting of the car predates cameras in mobiles, so you'll have to take my word for it!  It was a white Fiat Punto, obviously a Fiat Punto, but every single badge had been replaced with a Volkswagen one; there was a 'Polo' badge on the boot and possibly other genuine VW badging dotted about the car.  It had plain wheeltrims that had had home made VW emblems put on by means of inkjet printing a VW badge onto paper, cutting it out and then attaching it to the trim with sticky back plastic.  A similar thing had been done to the steering wheel, over the  Fiat badge.  The oddest thing about it was the fitment of a VW Polo inspired plastic radiator grille, complete with badge of course, on the leading edge of the Punto's bonnet.  The grille appeared home made too.  

The whole thing had had too much effort put into it to be a joke.  Doubly bizarrely the Punto was a reasonably new one; he or she could just as easily have had a real Polo for the money it was worth.  

3 hours ago, grogee said:

OMFG hats off for that one and thanks for the pics. That is outstanding

All that shit stuck to it but you just know it’ll be forever in limp home, fucking lights all over shop, parked up outside a really dreadful bungalow with those crap pansies you get at Home Bargains and Giant Gnomes from Asda.

2 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

I was rather upset to learn of that poor Marina's fate.  They didn't know what they were doing; the diesel engine was even put in straight, let alone in any way that might work.  Seemed like the whole thing was being done backwards; first priority ought to have been to fix the body shell, but then what do I know?

The most peculiar example of this school of car modification I have seen was a Fiat Punto that the owner wished to convince the public was a VW Polo.  My sighting of the car predates cameras in mobiles, so you'll have to take my word for it!  It was a white Fiat Punto, obviously a Fiat Punto, but every single badge had been replaced with a Volkswagen one; there was a 'Polo' badge on the boot and possibly other genuine VW badging dotted about the car.  It had plain wheeltrims that had had home made VW emblems put on by means of inkjet printing a VW badge onto paper, cutting it out and then attaching it to the trim with sticky back plastic.  A similar thing had been done to the steering wheel, over the  Fiat badge.  The oddest thing about it was the fitment of a VW Polo inspired plastic radiator grille, complete with badge of course, on the leading edge of the Punto's bonnet.  The grille appeared home made too.  

The whole thing had had too much effort put into it to be a joke.  Doubly bizarrely the Punto was a reasonably new one; he or she could just as easily have had a real Polo for the money it was worth.  

Which Marina?