Naffest most crass giffer mods

sierraman

The Honda Jazz I owned years ago (proper 80's one, not the modern crap) had 3! different Honda badges on the front, and both the original Jazz logo and the modern one on the back.

Non giffer , but mods that bother me?

'FAKE TAXI' stickers. Yeah, you watch a lot of p0rn, we get it. 

'The closer you get the slower I go' stickers. Yep, you dither along at 23 in a 30 and brake check anyone who happens to be in the same postcode because you have a massive chip on your shoulder, we get it.

'Built not bought' No you didn't you lying twat, you put some different wheels on and got your mate to mess with the ECU and now your car smokes like Dot Cotton.

9 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Where’s the link to the work on the marina? Never heard of anyone converting one to FWD?

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/210300/morris-marina-custom-unique-freak?page=1

It looked a bit frilly...

Owner not logged onto RR for ages apparently, so place your bets on it being a failed project.

On 4/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, Jazoli said:

Its not just giffer mods that get my goat, there's the odd car on here that are stereotypical barry wagons, I'm sure the owners of the cars are lovely people but the cars are generic family wagons and look like a complete dogs dinner with headlight eyebrows, manufacturer sun strips, questionable vents, too many badges on every panel etc, its almost forgivable if the owners were 17 years old but they aint :D They definitely qualify for the thread title.

I have no idea who this post might be referring to. 
None at all. 

AH-STU 

Gesundheit. 

6 hours ago, gm said:

this can only be the work of an auld feller ! make sure to click the thumbnails for full graphic detail :) 

post-4462-0-87819000-1551896652_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-80702400-1551896681_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-84490300-1551896712_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-54716300-1551896744_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-89186700-1551896817_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-72021900-1551896848_thumb.jpg

spotted a couple of years back at sainsbys 

That is probably the worst one I have ever seen, some are obviously a pisstake but that looks to me like it has one caring old giffer chavgramps, it's unbelievably bad in every way, you really have to question what goes through their minds and wonder if they stand back after applying the latest bit of tat and think 'yeah that looks perfect'

Its mind boggling.

I've not seen him around recently but there was an old fella in the town who always drove a pea green car with a red roof. 

I think it is a nod to his military background, a red beret on his car. 

He would get a new car every few years and always has the roof painted red. 

I never saw the old ones about so I guess they got repainted after trade in. 

On 09/04/2021 at 12:42, JeeExEll said:

I love this Zodiac Executive, pics taken in Manchester 1972.

eZwwEH6.jpg

6qZDu64.jpg

Not customised, just blinged.  Grandad's come for a visit.

It's a pity the pics are as blurry as a Ziggy Stardust cassette tape that's been left on the dashboard top in the sun, but never mind.

Can you imagine being six and grandad arrives to take you out for a drive in this!  A 3-litre, possibly an automatic with a T-bar shifter just like a Raleigh Chopper.

'How fast does she go grandad, will she do the ton?'.

Pretty sure that's not an Exec, but a straightforward Zodiac. IIRC Execs had a sunroof as standard?

The Zodiac would *just* top 100mph.

The wind resistance offered by the ornamentation probably would blunt that.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:49 AM, Timewaster said:

....there was an old fella in the town who always drove a pea green car with a red roof. 

I think it is a nod to his military background, a red beret on his car. 

He would get a new car every few years and always has the roof painted red. 

I never saw the old ones about so I guess they got repainted after trade in. 

Was it definitely a roof repaint, or just a red vinyl wrap?