Naffest most crass giffer mods

sierraman

Loads wind me up, leapers on modern Jags, Chrome initials on the front wings or boot, chrome arch trims etc.

Its not just giffer mods that get my goat, there's the odd car on here that are stereotypical barry wagons, I'm sure the owners of the cars are lovely people but the cars are generic family wagons and look like a complete dogs dinner with headlight eyebrows, manufacturer sun strips, questionable vents, too many badges on every panel etc, its almost forgivable if the owners were 17 years old but they aint :D They definitely qualify for the thread title.

There are many different varieties of twat mods.

In the last day or 2 I have seen a mk2 Prius with every kind of chrome stick on tat  you could imagine,  a mk3 golf with the rear wheels at a 30° angle  but otherwise very smart and  small vans with roof racks, a hundred stick on led lights and stick on dalmatian spots or cow print stickers usually with ruddy faced fat men driving like they own the place.

I don’t mind mods too much but not a fan of stupid statement stickers. 

As above the ‘Because such and such’ one is mince. I saw a Volvo the other day with something like ‘SWEDISH METAL’ on it. There is an S Max going about locally with sun strip that says ‘ST POWER’. I assume it has a 2.5 turbo. It looks like every other S Max. Kind of ruins the subtleness of it. 

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Calipers painted red, badly. I’ve noticed with this they never actually take the caliper off to paint it, there’s always blobs of fucking paint on the hose ferrules. And why red?

My latest purchase has had this done, they also managed to paint the wheels red in places too, I'm not driving it until I've repainted them as I don't want to look like a chavvy bellend

These white walls you can fit to your tyres. I was fannying around at my garage and heard this flapping noise coming own the lane and this  2018 Honda Jazz rolls in with an old giffer behind the wheel with these flapping around on the wheels. He'd had them fitted to the Jazz (you deflate the tyres, fit these behind the bead then re-inflate) and after a  very short while they'd partially detached and were wildly flapping around on the wheels.  I couldn't believe  they existed never mind that someone had bought them. 

s-l1600.jpg

I'm remembering my old auntie's K10 Datsun Micra and there was a furry steering wheel cover that would turn while leaving the wheel in the same position if you didn't grip it hard enough, the little Halfords orthopaedic seat cushion, the boot tidy with all manner of cleaning and polishing products, the clip on panoramic rear view mirror and best of all the little picnic tables that clipped into the open window channel so wasps could enjoy your fruity drink, served from a cold thermos from the boot tidy.

If Datsun had offered a bifocal windscreen she'd have ticked the option box.

6 hours ago, sierraman said:

What’s the most tackiest modification you can think of?

Painting the script on the tyres white - added wanker points if it’s a really bum make like Ceat or Happy Galloper. 

Personalised monogramed coachlines so something along the likes of P.A in that tacky script type font. Always in gold! 

My mate did it on his mk 4 tina tyres. Kingpin radial. Sounds like a fat gangster.

My dad had a 12v kettle on a sort of holder that screwed to the console. So basically you could drive along with the kettle going then as you pulled into a potholed lay-by all the boiling hot water would piss out on to the passengers legs. Excellent.

What about those white reflective door edge protectors, never understood the point of those as they just chafed all the paint away where they sat on the door. 

Car Bra... those big rubber things you can fit to the bonnet to stop stone chips. Always on some proper cock whose in the owners club.

What are those devices chavs fit to a diesel to make it go whoosh when they lift off? The results make it sound like as asthmatic climbing Mam-Tor.

#SENDNUDES sticker attached vertically on a bimmer cabrio windshield.

I kid you not.

The rest of the car just complemented the whole "wannabe pimp/coke dealer" impression. And yes, the driver wore white tracksuit.