2003 Citroen C5 estate.....the end

maxxo

14 hours ago, myglaren said:

As for the other weirdness, not too unusual.  Mine were manual but would throw up mystery faults occasionally - like all instruments go to zero, all warning lights flash, CD go doolally then turn off, no heating, no indicators, no wipers.

It would often resolve itself after a few minutes or stopping, turning it off and waiting five minutes.

It can be an indicator of low battery voltage.

gearbox wise it's not acted up at all since

i have a quirk with the drivers door panel, the lighting turns off for about a second or two every few minutes which is interesting

i like driving with the doors locked so i get a bong everytime i start it to remind me the "deadlocking" is active, even though it's not dead locking

also from reading the manual it seems i may have brake pad wear sensors......

otherwise it seems alright

i notice the entire car seems to have sunk over the last 6 hours or so, it does that sometimes but rises right back up

so i'm ignoring it for now

8 hours ago, maxxo said:

hmmmmm

my traction control/esp light came on today, and the screen told me it was faulty

for about 2 seconds

however

i don't have esp.........

it was rather entertaining

It could be that the com2000 unit is on its way out, the steering angle sensor is part of it and it throws the tc/esp lights when it goes.

Mine won't click the indicator left, only right. 

Left locks on and indicates 60% of the time, but I just hold it down so it indicates but doesn't click as I don't have any airbag lights, and I might have after removing it to investigate. 

Those com2000 units are the death of many psa chod, my 406 had bigger issues with its one too iirc, the indicators barely worked at all, and the horn was iffy too

42 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

They are easy enough to swap but you need lexia to set the SAS, of course there's no guarantee a used one won't die after 5 mins.

Currently trying to find the steering angle sensor in Diagbox on my new kit. Any idea which ECU it lives in? The suspension ECU reports it can’t communicate with the steering angle sensor but I can’t do the calibration in that ECUs menu. 

1 hour ago, jamescarruthers said:

Currently trying to find the steering angle sensor in Diagbox on my new kit. Any idea which ECU it lives in? The suspension ECU reports it can’t communicate with the steering angle sensor but I can’t do the calibration in that ECUs menu. 

I'd have to have a look when I get home, edit I think its suspension, configuration, manual config, steering sensor, you have to reset it when you drive so make sure you have a clear straight bit of road ahead where you don't have to turn the wheel for 30m or so.

1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

I'd have to have a look when I get home, edit I think its suspension, configuration, manual config, steering sensor, you have to reset it when you drive so make sure you have a clear straight bit of road ahead where you don't have to turn the wheel for 30m or so.

Ah yes I forgot it had to be driven. Slight problem is my ancient laptop I bought to do this has a shagged battery!

39 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

Ah yes I forgot it had to be driven. Slight problem is my ancient laptop I bought to do this has a shagged battery!

I hope you have a long enough extension lead then :D The BSI and ecu's on these things are very sensitive so don't get halfway through a change and let the battery fail on the laptop, also make sure you follow the correct procedure for disconnecting the battery.

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

It's the clock spring bit that's always worried me though, I've seen the plastic peg kits which I think is what mine has a fault with, is it not that tricky then? 

Its easy enough to take apart, but you'll probably throw the SAS out of range so will need to reset it with lexia, you can try and tape it up when removing to stop it turning, the hardest bit is getting the airbag off.

1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

Its easy enough to take apart, but you'll probably throw the SAS out of range so will need to reset it with lexia, you can try and tape it up when removing to stop it turning, the hardest bit is getting the airbag off.

Mmm I think I'll treat it the same as the remote central locking and just ignore it for now! 

10 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Mine occasionally bounces the dials for no apparent reason. Got to love French electrics.

mine does that after turning off, i assume something goes to sleep

does it twice and clicks a few relays

electrically they seem poor, but loveable

sometimes trafficmaster pipes up when starting

sometimes the radio starts beeping so i have to turn the car off and on again

but i like it

12 hours ago, Jazoli said:

It could be that the com2000 unit is on its way out, the steering angle sensor is part of it and it throws the tc/esp lights when it goes.

wouldn't have thought it would have an angle sensor due to not having esp

com2000s unit works fine, feels as terrible as they all do but works fine

9 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Mine won't click the indicator left, only right. 

Left locks on and indicates 60% of the time, but I just hold it down so it indicates but doesn't click as I don't have any airbag lights, and I might have after removing it to investigate. 

Those com2000 units are the death of many psa chod, my 406 had bigger issues with its one too iirc, the indicators barely worked at all, and the horn was iffy too

my picasso had a horrible crunch indicating right and used to self cancel too far indicating itself left if you turn the wheel too quick

C5 is quite the opposite, feels good indicating right yet awful left

As saturday was my birthday, the C5 decided to have a moment

service light and "automatic gear fault" on the display

key cycle fixed it

195508531_596987207941680_8999437889747667336_n.thumb.jpg.ea2c8cc48de5045897e64497881bea68.jpg

so i have now made a purchase from a very nice man off the C5 owners club

4 bottles of course

197349628_4296483780415746_4157219031381620303_n.thumb.jpg.a74bf8340bf3ef36f70f3a5afce671aa.jpg

5 minutes ago, Spurious said:

I'm not brave enough to own a C6 despite them firmly into the under 2k territory. I'd be afraid of some obscure part going and only Citroen have them at £OMGHOWMUCH

you should buy one

lifes too short

they are as amazing as you'd expect in every single way

i'm properly in love and i want one

In all of my hdi's I've been going down the road and thinking crikey this is slow... Then looking at the speedo and realising I was going very fast... 

My 406 was bad for that. Always felt like a lumbering arse to get off the line (110hdi) but the cars behind still ended up disappearing without me realising. Can imagine a c6 with its better suspension to be even more dangerous at it! 

Thats one of the only things the xsara has going for it, because it's quite light it feels very nippy if you want it to be. Can imagine a 3 door xsara 110 hdi could be a bit of a hoot if you like derv hot hatches (did they even do one? Imagine the xsara being the earliest car that might have done it? 106 110hdi?)

26 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Can imagine a c6 with its better suspension to be even more dangerous at it! 

that one was a 2.7 HDi v6

yeah, it could shift

it felt properly special, in some ways typical citroen

IT HAD DOUBLE GLAZING!

sooo glad to have driven one, much, much better than i could have ever expected

also noticed something on the c5 today

the plate lights illuminate for a few seconds when you push the button to open the tailgate

i assume it probably shouldn't

oh and the switch keeps jamming and if i don't de jam it then the tailgate will open randomly and cause items to be lost from the boot which is most exciting

and i seem to have had a random but somewhat significant LDS leak from the n/s front strut

it's not leaking now, and doesn't seem to have leaked for a while but it seemed to decide to randomly leak one day