2003 Citroen C5 estate.....the end

maxxo

More the height, and alignment, tbh.
He has the suspension set on high. That shortens the wheelbase because of the trailing arms and looks weird, especially the rear wheels. There will be nothing wrong with it. If Maxxo took a pic at the normal height it would be fine, although still goofy cos it's a c5. They all do that.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Had my xantia fail on a fully not working handbrake once at test time. 

I knew it was not fab but it held the car fine. Oh you tested the back did you? 

15 minutes later it did indeed pass the handbrake test 😂 

Oh don't 

I've got to book my MOT soon 

To be honest, if Halfords offer me a free one tomorrow I'll take it, saves me faffing around 

I hate MOT day

Although, I reckon I might actually pass this year!

ahhhh yes, new rubber fitted today!

265403769_1326845414423950_807802477802998778_n.thumb.jpg.0c2944501ba478af9694b49e76bca504.jpg

269754967_4734321636625232_3530031721064038094_n.thumb.jpg.0c0d1c6624e788f4b8c224ece426ec15.jpg

done by halfrauds, not too bad actually done within the hour and seems to be balanced well

tyres are a significant improvement, very smooth, grippy and quiet

i asked them to raise it to full height, no idea if they did as i went for a walk

however, it was at lowest height when i went to pick it up......but raised up fine

These are nice tyres, excellent in fact

Very very very sticky in all conditions I've tested so far, nice and quiet, very very slightly firmer than the Nexen's on the old wheels......as I always go for extra load tyres due to potholes etc

No more wheel wobble either 

Did I really just go to halfords autocentre and have a good experience? I'm concerned I may have done....

On 12/23/2021 at 1:58 PM, beko1987 said:

I have the same thoughts with Mr Clutch. Not the franchise but specifically the Maidenhead branch. Went a few years if getting mots there and it always went well! 

Like Halford though probably depends on the branch! ats Aylesbury are alright too 

i was watching them the whole time from behind a tree, they test drove it and the  torqued the wheel bolts up again which wasn't bad at all!

i have used them before, and they continue to impress me with how absolutely alright they are

would use them again

47 minutes ago, maxxo said:

i was watching them the whole time from behind a tree, they test drove it and the  torqued the wheel bolts up again which wasn't bad at all!

i have used them before, and they continue to impress me with how absolutely alright they are

would use them again

It's the pre test banter that works. Because I went at lunchtime I'd sit and wait and when people came in with horrific issues that denoted horrific quotes I'd have a chuckle with the lads behind the desk about it. When I took the last zx I had the tester marvelled at the keypad and when I went to star to tell him how it works he already knew! Sure that helped it... 

Not been for a year or so now though. Found a local garage who has passed the Xsara twice. First time pinged the brake pipes up and he did tell me he noticed it and saw they'd been changed so I'm hoping that's me remembered now 😂 Should probably man up and replace the indicator stalk before September so he notes another fix of the only advisory the car had 

18 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

It's the pre test banter that works. Because I went at lunchtime I'd sit and wait and when people came in with horrific issues that denoted horrific quotes I'd have a chuckle with the lads behind the desk about it. When I took the last zx I had the tester marvelled at the keypad and when I went to star to tell him how it works he already knew! Sure that helped it... 

Not been for a year or so now though. Found a local garage who has passed the Xsara twice. First time pinged the brake pipes up and he did tell me he noticed it and saw they'd been changed so I'm hoping that's me remembered now 😂 Should probably man up and replace the indicator stalk before September so he notes another fix of the only advisory the car had 

it was how easy it all was just to book online (hate talking on the phone so it works perfectly with me) being told to come back in an hour and then boom it was done

got a few places i ttrust with my cars, had a few issues with some garages in the past

cough cough, picasso bonnet

i'd rather like to know why sometimes, only when stone cold, does the gearbox decide it doesn't want to lock it's torque converter

but decided upshifting to 4th gear at 25 mph is a superb idea

then either panicking and down shifting again and then locking up or making me have to manually downshift it

i mean, it's a lot of character and i don't care as i find it funny

but is it just a case of it being french? or is it going to explode in my face?

beeps do still be gone though!

talking of beeps.......

started the car the other day BEEEEEEEEEP

"passenger airbag deactivated" "airbag fault"

oh here we go

pull up at the side of the road, switch off

open both rear doors and wiggle all the wires under the front seats

huzzaaaaaaah!!!!!! warning be gone!

oh how i love my french cars

fuel guage still lies

speedometer has stopped reading wrong since i got new tyres, which is taking some getting used to

sort of sussing out the gearbox

right

stone cold hit 25 mph on a level surface it doesn't lock the torque converter but instead upshifts to 3rd gear

i'm wondering if that could be program of the transmission ECU when the oil temp and ambient temp is below a certain level, as it only does it when it's been freezing over night

it seems to be in 3rd or 4th but unlocked to still allow performance

i'm well aware that it doesn't work correctly, when it's in 4th it sometimes tries to lockup which causes vibrations

otherwise

the gearbox has been absolutely spot on, almost 4k miles later it's still going great!

5 minutes ago, Popsicle said:

Some auto's will hold a lower gear when cold to warm up a bit quicker and use a bit more torque converter slip while doing so, nothing to worry about.

The gearbox still makes me a nervous wreck!

I'm well aware it's a grenade, an absolute time bomb but it works so well with the car and suits it fantastically 

On 25/12/2021 at 21:26, maxxo said:

i'd rather like to know why sometimes, only when stone cold, does the gearbox decide it doesn't want to lock it's torque converter

but decided upshifting to 4th gear at 25 mph is a superb idea

then either panicking and down shifting again and then locking up or making me have to manually downshift it

i mean, it's a lot of character and i don't care as i find it funny

but is it just a case of it being french? or is it going to explode in my face?

beeps do still be gone though!

anything highlighted orange above- becos french!🤣

On 28/12/2021 at 00:36, Popsicle said:

Some auto's will hold a lower gear when cold to warm up a bit quicker and use a bit more torque converter slip while doing so, nothing to worry about.

indeed my old primera cvt would hold a few more revs, i-shift civic holds lower gear a smidge longer hell the diseasel civic switches the HRW on automatically on its own to warm the donk up fasterer

Good luck with that but with the attention lavished on it up to now you shouldn't have any problems.

Be prepared for drop links though, I had to have lots of them, probably the way I ignored speed bumps, just went over them at the indicated speeds.  I always had Lemförder links fitted as they last longer.  TRW are said to be good too.

4 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Good luck with that but with the attention lavished on it up to now you shouldn't have any problems.

Be prepared for drop links though, I had to have lots of them, probably the way I ignored speed bumps, just went over them at the indicated speeds.  I always had Lemförder links fitted as they last longer.  TRW are said to be good too.

replaced 1 myself, was going to do both but thought fuck that after spending 3 hours removing a bolt

there may be a slight issue in the form a leaking rear suspension boot but i've given it a wipe off and you can't tell it's leaking, i shall fix it though

yes, the fact i've spent 3k on it shows it should be fine, i really hope it is

12 minutes ago, stuboy said:

looking good

thank you! is now filthy

11 minutes ago, myglaren said:

If you do replace the boot, there is a YT video that is basically OK but there is also some errors with it.

I had to have one done for the first MOY on my first C5.  It was £13 and about another £20 for fitting as they were doing other work at the same time.

ahhh yes it has been replaced before, but i didn't want to pester the garage when i noticed it leaking