the full works!

not enough sleep

meeting at a motorway services

had spicy food last night

poo count - 0 so far

some of you know what it is, but keep the excitement of the thread going

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Shirley Knott said:

Aw man, I was always struck by how much you loved that Picasso, so much so I thought you'd keep it forever.  

I'm thinking it must have taken something properly delicious to have turned your head...

This.

something properly delicious  Well it isn't Huggy, unless he's planning to give me an envelope full of cash as a birthday surprise.  And if he is, he's a couple of weeks early.

That is very handsome. Estate form is way prettier that’s saloon I think. The red suits it particularly well. 

As I’m sure you know your 2.0 is the more reliable engine than the 2.2 (which is brilliant but did just bite my wallet severely when the Eolys system broke).

Good purchase!  

Is the sun in your passenger’s eyes or are they as ashamed to be seen it?

I wasn’t phased in the slightest by owning one bit then I’ve had a C6 before and quite a few LHM Citroens. 

If you need expert help, may I recommend French Car Forum https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

I’m not sure where you are in the country but I can thoroughly recommend these guys if you need expert hands on work done:

Pleiades, Sawtry

Chevronics, Hitchin

BL Autos, Welwyn Garden City

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.  Any issues?

2 hours ago, jamescarruthers said:

That is very handsome. Estate form is way prettier that’s saloon I think. The red suits it particularly well. 

As I’m sure you know your 2.0 is the more reliable engine than the 2.2 (which is brilliant but did just bite my wallet severely when the Eolys system broke).

Good purchase!  

Is the sun in your passenger’s eyes or are they as ashamed to be seen it?

susprisingly the sun.....

we had just completed a 2 and a half hour journey on almost no sleep to get it

Interesting colour interior: blue with red. Quite likeable. 

I had some success with the old multiple-applications-of-pledge on the lethargic seatbelts. 

It might be worth popping the plastic covers off on the engine bay to have a look at your suspension top mounts. They are forever hidden from the MOT man. I have one surprise rusty one to address at some point. You could take the opportunity to check the suspension fluid level too. Follow the handbook for this... must be on “low” setting to check level and avoid overfilling. 

Also, how are the rear wheel bearings? When they start to get old they start clicking. They eventually end up with the wheels looking like this /—\ if left to die! 

Glad you are enjoying the suspension.   Nothing compares to a hydraulic Citroen! Sadly everything will feel shit after. It’s LDS in this remember, not LHM.  Saucer spheres last forever now, unlike the old green globe spheres. 

Very pleased for you. 

Does it have the load cover? If not, I have a one which has gone all floppy you can have. Hopefully it just needs a spring replaced or retentioned.

24 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

Interesting colour interior: blue with red. Quite likeable. 

I had some success with the old multiple-applications-of-pledge on the lethargic seatbelts. 

It might be worth popping the plastic covers off on the engine bay to have a look at your suspension top mounts. They are forever hidden from the MOT man. I have one surprise rusty one to address at some point. You could take the opportunity to check the suspension fluid level too. Follow the handbook for this... must be on “low” setting to check level and avoid overfilling. 

Also, how are the rear wheel bearings? When they start to get old they start clicking. They eventually end up with the wheels looking like this /—\ if left to die! 

Glad you are enjoying the suspension.   Nothing compares to a hydraulic Citroen! Sadly everything will feel shit after. It’s LDS in this remember, not LHM.  Saucer spheres last forever now, unlike the old green globe spheres. 

Very pleased for you. 

Does it have the load cover? If not, I have a one which has gone all floppy you can have. Hopefully it just needs a spring replaced or retentioned.

Will check the top mounts tomorrow, i trust the guy i got it from enough to have a good enough feeling they're solid

it had been freshly serviced....new wiper blades and battery too

rear wheel bearings are fine, it's almost whisper quiet at all speeds

i've driven a couple of C5s, and i always forget just how damn good they ride!

yep, load cover is present and solid, plus, split tailgate and rear wiper function perfectly

2003 Mechanics handbook for your car: https://mega.nz/file/yo4jhQgY#7zIVeNg13JTjJwQ0rrFYGEd3MwCVj6CqWdKM9kKqx4A

or 2002 if it is a late reg: https://mega.nz/file/6konASbA#XQONPXpeCMtyvUlzoQ_4wjwfA2B-JMfVmiZpxuvlrzg

Fabulous book on how it all works: http://www.citroenkerho.fi/xantia/pdf/tekniikka/Tekniikkaopas.pdf

And last bit of unrequested advice, make sure it isn’t put on a ramp with all 4 wheels hanging. The LDS tank can explode when all the fluid rushes back in! There is even a special note to MOT testers to test one wheel at a time. Simple way around this is to put it on “high” mode and take the suspension fluid reservoir cap off of it is going to go on ramps. 

4 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

And last bit of unrequested advice, make sure it isn’t put on a ramp with all 4 wheels hanging. The LDS tank can explode when all the fluid rushes back in! There is even a special note to MOT testers to test one wheel at a time. Simple way around this is to put it on “high” mode and take the suspension fluid reservoir cap off of it is going to go on ramps. 

yep, which is a huge concern of mine

i do hope wherever i take it come MOT or tyre time they know how to lift it correctly

• maxxo changed the title to 2003 Citroen C5 estate......waftiness
9 minutes ago, maxxo said:

yep, which is a huge concern of mine

i do hope wherever i take it come MOT or tyre time they know how to lift it correctly

They generally won’t! Although to be fair I was impressed that my last MOT tester on the C5 came out to show me the note, but he is a good old guy who has done a lot of work for me and is very clever. 

FCF have a decal you can download here https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62058  but TBH unless you tell them they won’t know to be do this step or get a chance to read it.

I once had the C6 up on stilts, engine running, sitting outside with the cap in my pocket when handing over to a normal garage for tyres! I couldn’t even be bothered to explain to the knuckle draggers. 

6 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

They generally won’t! I was impressed that my last MOT tester came out to show me the note though, but he is a good old guy who has done a lot of work for me.

FCF have a decal you can download here https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62058  but TBH unless you tell them they won’t know to be do this step or get a chance to read it.

I once had the C6 up on stilts, engine running, sitting outside with the cap in my pocket when handing over to a normal garage for tyres!

going to have to make damn sure it's on high and the cap removed before taking it anywhere normal