new belt fitted

theshadow

late post,from excellent shiter floatylight,so tues went on train ride down to stafford,it goes all the way to b/mouth,so do not nod off,met outside station,no petrol station shot,over half in tank,for a fezzy very very solid,have red leaded the rear floor chassis,all solid,more to do,tracking,2 tyres to be done,bought new cabin,fuel filters 1.67 each,changed the fuel filter,keep cabin filter,as f/light had changed the air,cabin filters,and left me oil,oil filter,have since done that job,drl lights now fitted,timing belt will be done soon,foz3.jpg.97b04372849f01643b9c48f250d4ab11.jpg

foz2.jpg

foz1.jpg

foz6.jpg

foz4.jpg

They were cars that were used. I had one as my driving school car for a while. When they brought out the new model there was a supply problem so we went over to the Focus. Good little cars, if a little underpowered. Well put together. We had the 1.25 engine ones. I think rust and the fact they were youngsters cars finished a lot of them. Many ended their lives upside down in a ditch, or hedge.

• theshadow changed the title to timing belt arrived

so new bosch belt turned up £6.97,so will put it on soonish,neighbours car came over 2010 1.6 petrol,he went halfrauds picked up 20w50 diesel oil.he put that in,crossthreaded the oil filter housing,revved it up,blew the oil out,funny,made my day,,even with snow..

26 minutes ago, theshadow said:

so new bosch belt turned up £6.97,so will put it on soonish,neighbours car came over 2010 1.6 petrol,he went halfrauds picked up 20w50 diesel oil.he put that in,crossthreaded the oil filter housing,revved it up,blew the oil out,funny,made my day,,even with snow..

You could say that this was a "timely" event...

• theshadow changed the title to new belt fitted

so a 7 this morning,time do timing belt,had to finish by 10, as a neigbour needed running for 2 nd jab,so friday borrowed timing kit,pins,locking the cams etc,all went smoothly,tipprxed plug leads\the old belt did not look too bad,so bosch one fitted,as the waterpump left alone,as it runs on alternator belt,all timed up,running well..