Collection - Inter Island Stylee

Essex V6

I assumed from your user name that you were talking about Canvey Island...

Those Saxos used to be everywhere here, they were a good car I think, plenty of them suffered at the hands of over-enthusiastic first time owners, hedgerows, lampposts and bodykits were a popular fate!

There looks to be a good selection of old vehicles down* there, are they really that prolific?

Scenery looks great too, I'm slightly envious.

8 hours ago, spartacus said:

I assumed from your user name that you were talking about Canvey Island...

Those Saxos used to be everywhere here, they were a good car I think, plenty of them suffered at the hands of over-enthusiastic first time owners, hedgerows, lampposts and bodykits were a popular fate!

There looks to be a good selection of old vehicles down* there, are they really that prolific?

Scenery looks great too, I'm slightly envious.

So many old cars still being used for a living on South Island! For example on two separate occasions yesterday I saw Series One Landys working for a living

That looks great! Looking forward to seeing it in the metal. 

And you weren't wrong about it being a quick trip down. Thought you might have had a bit of time to explore the south island a bit.

I'm guessing all the driving isn't a chore, at least.

@STUNO brought his 40-odd seater coach up our residential street to come and visit a car he knew nothing about and couldn't visualise, even when I revealed what it was - Saxos are hardly ten a 2cent in this part of the world. Then he left and mere minutes later, @Essex V6 arrived in his new French hot hatch, to greet some others:

51075734451_105f169c6f_b.jpg

I cleared the Jondeo off the drive for the occasion and Mrs_Jon even set to cleaning her daily driver 172 of all the concrete splashes she's been driving through, during roadworks on the way to work all week. The 205 is just inexcusably shabby. The less said about the Visa, the better.

51006552565_399f2e5bc0_b.jpg

The second cat which decided to come and live with us seemed to approve of it. As I remarked at the time, it's the a S1 VTS in the best colour, so is a right box ticker in my book. It's no Pebble Beach trophy winner but is very straight and hugely original, so should prove to be an interesting daily. 

Welcome back to the French car fold!

Congrats on the purchase! That looks very clean, and very unusual for NZ. Certainly haven't seen one driving around, and you do see Citroen's about a bit here. 

Long drive for a small car?

I too am Auckland based...though formerly of Dunedin.  Auckland isn't the best city for fun driving...at least compared to the South Island. That said, a small car will fit right in.