Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - sleeping

hairnet

I can assure you I haven’t kept it after it tried to kill me.  Centrifugal clutch nonsense.

One thing I can say is should anyone want anything exported in future I can say it really is a massive ball ache.  The processes are generally fairly simple but the shipping agent has been less than competent and you really need someone to make things as easy as possible.

When I moved my gear over from the U.K. I had a guy round to quote, agreed figures, and then they turned up and emptied my house out.  Two months later it appeared on the other side of the world.  I naively thought the shipper would turn up, collect the bike, and then that would be me done.  Oh no.....

Get a crate made.  That was a pain.  Then get the bike crated up for collection, that was a pain.  The papers!  Oh the papers.  Having to set myself up as an exporter, de registering the bike, faff about with refunds that we shouldnt have had, pay extra they should have charged and now it’s on a boat bouncing around south east Asia like the Flying Dutchman.

It would have been easier to strip it down and post it over bit by bit.

A car might be easier though, at least I won’t have to make a crate up for that

floaty mcbastard

is back in new zealand

as of monday - the original date it should have been here landed - the agent listed on the bill will be contacted to start earning the money they will undoubtedly want

kinda works in my favour/favor (hi @PhilA) if it had landed next week i woulda had to wait to be able to deal with them/it

the speed its going it might be mid august - which again would do me a favour

if it turned up the end of july that would make my day (and my week fkin busy :D )

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

I reckon questions have been asked in the Kiwi Parliament about the horrific potential loss of a cultural icon, and Jacinta has slapped an export ban on it. 

I like ‘Floaty McBastard’ as a ship name though, it’s got a good ring to it. 

maybe the captain is some kinda northern hemisphere bird - flies south for the winter cos thats all the places theyre going

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - sailing on the seven seas

Well Postie Bike no longer exists on NZ records as I marked it as exported yesterday.

One simple form, ten dollar fee over the counter at a VTNZ branch and we were done in two minutes.  Maybe it’s that easy with DVLA but I suspect not.  

I celebrated with a small bottle of L&P and confirmation of another shift for the Covid role.  I basically have an arrangement with the team there, basically all your shifts are belong to me although I have noticed I finish one at midnight and commence the next at 7am so didn’t really think that one through

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - a sea a bay an ocean and a channel to go

And after having denied knowledge of it ( the email I sent went to a general info rather than the dept I needed)

The agent has in one email been far more helpful than two months of dealing the shipper ( @ParkyI'm sorry for your grey hair)

and as I type this

The radio did this - are they trying to tell me summat :D

On 7/9/2021 at 10:18 PM, Parky said:

Well Postie Bike no longer exists on NZ records as I marked it as exported yesterday.

I celebrated with a small bottle of L&P and confirmation of another shift for the Covid role.  I basically have an arrangement with the team there, basically all your shifts are belong to me 

It's not you who just pinged me 10 days for flying in a plane I hope.

You are all the same you lot. There's now't rong wi mi.

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - brmm brmm how about now

My mate has done a few of his events-the postie bikes, the ADV bike comparison day, and a couple of the Himalayan days at Sweetlamb. Must be good if he keeps going back-think he is booked to do the 650 Enfield day too (on his own 650).

Nathan is a nice bloke, and has secured 5 (or possibly 6) CT125 Hunters for another organised event.

so i rang them today to ask about the nova and the what happen with customs etc

their reply is oh we deal with all that the nova and the 384 form

just gotta wait now

also after being asked did the boat arrive - thats the one thing they didnt tell me 🙄 but going off their reply the stuff must be here hence their reply

ffs

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - what happens if i press this button
6 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

I saw an advert for Now That's What I Call (shit) Music; they're up to volume 109. I feel old.

ive got the first 5 on cassette :D

ive nothing to play them on - theres a stack stereo in the garage that got moved from previous house

its not been plugged in in maybe 12-15 years :D