Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - sleeping

hairnet

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - mmm stickers
  • hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - blind old man alert

so got home from meh and wanted to put the battery properly back in

the terminal wire end for some reason is a three sided box which made it difficult to screw bolt into threaded block on battery so it was modified and its all back on and panels put back = kicked it and doffa doffa :D

was sent a mightycarmods link and they have dragged one one of them has owned for 15 years out to get it going :D fresh gas and carb rebuild and away :D

his is younger than mine 😮

next job is air filter so will have to get it off to see what size it is

its very similiar to the visa - a piece of oiled foam - screw do them for 3-4 quid

honda oem (that has to come from usa or oz) 11 quid and 17 shipping)

wemoto has some and they want 17 quid!!!!!!! before postage which is insane for a bit of foam ffs

edit - after finding screw fix did them but no stock locally found a place near aberdeen (!) that does them - ordered 5 - they were 66p each :D

and the blind old man thing?

mcm commented on their bike and that it has centrestand side stand on the left (normal)

but it has one on the right also - what have i not noticed that mine has? :D

2 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

Surely the move for the airfilter is just to clean and reoil, can't imagine paying 20odd quid for a bit of sponge

no that exactly why i havent :D and i will with mine but i now have enough for quite a long time for half the cost of an oem

ones for a visa were a fiver but what would i do with the plastic inner :D

(the only car i know who does their filter like that)

heres hoping the reg happens fairly soon :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - hipster alert
  • hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - legalz
  • 2 weeks later...
  • hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - tyres
  • hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - rutroh

No v5

Without opening it I could tell it was a letter telling me something else ( had dealings with them previously over other things so know when it's a letter of disappointment

They have rejected the kiwi v5 which is ridiculous as it's the one parky sent me

They will get another copy printed on better paper and be told that's how they are from kiwi (truth)

Ho hum

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

its a bit insane as they have the bill of sale from parky to me

the bill from turners paying for it

that and the kiwi v5 have all vin/id details - its not like they dont have them/know what to do with them

I dont know what the DVLA have exactly said to you etc

but I know a lot of times people come a-cropper here because

what they are looking for on the Kiwi V5 (or anything such) is mainly a proof of age thats all they really care about, so if thats not clearly stated then they will reject it sadly

(a date of registration in original  country is a bonus that can get added to the vehicle record but is not required) you can have all the proof sale reg documents and matching numbers etc, but if nothing clearly says when the vehicle was made then they will reject it

but you can get a proof of year of manufacturing from elsewhere, a dating letter, either from the manufacturer or a DVLA approved club (see V765/1), are proof of age examples that they will accept that and in those cases you dont even need to provide a foreign registration document at all if you dont want to or cannot do so 

(say if you wish to keep the foreign document for the vehicles history folder etc, or the vehicle was a "barn find" with no documents etc)

2 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

PS I hope as they are now "dealing with it" when you write back you are still at the front of the queue and not the back? 
Waiting another 6-7 weeks is not the one.

if un-scrapping Invacars on the DVLA are anything to go by

the moment things go off course so to speak they generally open a case and you will be assigned a person, then you will always be at the front of the queue as you will be assigned to that one person handling your case so will gain a direct line to that person and they will generally respond within a few days :) 

there will be a reference string for example you include in any sort correspondence and if you notice that reference string contains the name of whoever is handling your case :)

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - insania not quite kicked in yo

so i was looking for places to visit and decided i wanted to visit the iom again

but its gonna be the end of october

was thinking postie but due to the reg issue- no - but then i thought i was gonna go on the normal bike

realising that fog over the mountain even in may means you wont be able to see where youre going - if some fanboi is on a day off and having a hoon

me at 40 mph is gonna be fun for them

so going in teh japanesefrench car :D

its not gonna know what day it is :D

• 3 weeks later...

so i was gonna use the smol bike to go to work on

i didnt in the end but decided to run it as id ignored it due to planning holidays/sad/cba

due to it leaning over very far on either stand i think the petrol drained out of the carb :D

left it on the centre stand for 20 mins and eventually kicked it into life

too scared to now be using it when dark so it might not come out till xmas