Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - sleeping

hairnet

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - slowly slowly catchee monkey

so theres been a bit of tooing and froing

the place that looks like will be using their boat - after quoting me four figures just to crate it and deliver it 20 miles - decided after telling me they couldnt collect it from parky.........

got an email off them

they initally said no and in quoting me for the whole job kept quoting me for the packing - i said to them in the week you took to decide to tell me no ive had it crated (the chap was helpful and was made quick) - although parky hates the fixings :D

'but our quote includes crate and delivery'

which they said they wouldnt do - they also complained about allegedly not being told it was from a residential address 🙄 -  theyd been told the same day the crate was being done

they asked for send and receiver details which i sent and they said theyd send the quote out again after being told for the 3rd time that the bike was already packed and waiting

theyve now actually said they can collect from parky - which is handy cos i found out that getting in and out of the port is a bit red tape - theyve asked for the dimensions

that was up till last night - hoping that they dont go too mad for man and a van :D - looking at their list the next boat is may 8 or 15 - wonder if itll be paperworked in time (ive been waiting a week to throw money at them :D )

@Parkyyou very nice man :D

wheres the hubnut ripoff video :D

i also found out on monday it doesnt need an iva cos its too old

dvla site says 10 years and under and mentions nothing about bikes :D

even if it needs a partial sva thats only check (and i didnt believe this)

it has an offside mirror

mph speedo - working on this - template may have to be made...........

headlight dips left

they check nothing else - bike will be moted before they see it - as per visa off the vin - if i can clarify the rules as its clear as jam

On 3/24/2021 at 8:48 PM, tobyd said:

Riding it home surely?

Been done before hasn’t it,,around the world on a Honda C50 stepthrough.  Mind you,,not sure how much was left when they got back, had the frame welded at the side of the road at the Honda agent in somewhereintherebekistan, not the neatest of welds but it held.  Frame now looks like it was made from angle iron

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - ymca.....!!!!!!!!
On 4/29/2021 at 10:41 PM, hairnet said:

My mate has done the Postie Bike day that Nathan runs, and also the one day's tour around the green lanes of North Devon on smoll adventure bikes. You get to ride, back to back, a Honda CRF 250, a KTM 390 Adventure, a BMW GS310, a Honda CB500X and an Enfield Himalayan. A great day if you are considering buying a smoll ADV.

He also now has a fleet of Enfield 650 twins that he leads a group of riders on around some of the great lanes in Devon.

Nice bloke, very knowledgeable and a good rider to boot.

Don't forget Ed March (https://c90adventures.co.uk/) either-not Postie bikes, but  a C90 that he has ridden all over the World. Some fantastic videos on his youTube Channel.

14 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

My mate has done the Postie Bike day that Nathan runs, and also the one day's tour around the green lanes of North Devon on smoll adventure bikes. You get to ride, back to back, a Honda CRF 250, a KTM 390 Adventure, a BMW GS310, a Honda CB500X and an Enfield Himalayan. A great day if you are considering buying a smoll ADV.

He also now has a fleet of Enfield 650 twins that he leads a group of riders on around some of the great lanes in Devon.

Nice bloke, very knowledgeable and a good rider to boot.

Don't forget Ed March (https://c90adventures.co.uk/) either-not Postie bikes, but  a C90 that he has ridden all over the World. Some fantastic videos on his youTube Channel.

Those videos from Ed are well worth a watch. Very entertaining and he seems a sound guy.

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - gis a go mistah
  • hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - rumblings are afoot

Bit worrying it’s a bill of Lading.  You would have thought a shipper would have known how to spell loading.  But so far Taurus have lived up to their star sign and been total bullshit so par for the course I suppose.  Next time hairnet wants to do this I have said I will strip the bike and post the bits over separately, it will be that much easier.

It’s been an education and at least I now know “that low cost service” means “bloody expensive service”,  “we do everything” means “we might do a bit but fundamentally it’s you doing all the work” and a big sign saying “no hidden fees” is a great thing to hide all the unexpected fees behind.  I sincerely hope the next series of Doc Martin features an eccentric ex NZ Postman and Clunes needs a top notch postie bike for filming.  Kerching!

Forgot to mention - my mate who did the testing used to own a 90cc version. As a pro ex owner, he declared it “a total pearler”.  One of his mates popped by with some chickens (I think he was just giving them a ride out, he left with them) and he was also impressed.  Basically everybody has given it not just the seal of approval, but the walrus as well.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, Minimad5 said:

Non of my business ... but i do hope Parky is getting a bottle of wine or two out of this, as this is beyond helpful 😎

The honourable M.Hairnet has been very generous.  Dealing with him has been like being a permanent guest at the Ambassadors reception with all the spoiling he has been doing!

On 5/6/2021 at 7:48 AM, hairnet said:

so its been moved a little so that the shippers can fetch it :D

@Parky tell them :D

theres still madness of papers to sort before it leaves but hopefully theyll be nice to parky :D

Should point out this isn’t me - this is my mate John.  I had a go on wee beastie but apart from nearly ripping My leg out of its socket trying to kickstart it, i then got confused with the controls.  

I found a peculiarity with the design of my hand and a Honda CT.  As I pull the brake, the palm of my hand compresses into the throttle and rotates backwards slightly.  As any fule kno, this has the effect of increasing fuel flow.  Grabbing for a non existent clutch lever was no help as the increased throttle made the centrifugal clutch just engage that little more centrifugally and I headed for a kerb at gathering velocity.  A combination of prayer and tendons saved the day, with me heroically using my innards to protect wee beastie. 

Clutch.  I need a bike with a clutch 

@Parky

HAD to reply :D

Bit worrying it’s a bill of Lading.  You would have thought a shipper would have known how to spell loading.  

tell me youre joking.............

But so far Taurus have lived up to their star sign and been total bullshit so par for the course I suppose.  Next time hairnet wants to do this I have said I will strip the bike and post the bits over separately, it will be that much easier.

LOL and 100%

It’s been an education and at least I now know “that low cost service” means “bloody expensive service”,  “we do everything” means “we might do a bit but fundamentally it’s you doing all the work” and a big sign saying “no hidden fees” is a great thing to hide all the unexpected fees behind.  I sincerely hope the next series of Doc Martin features an eccentric ex NZ Postman and Clunes needs a top notch postie bike for filming.  Kerching!

we do everything and they state it means they do fook all - also low cost - didnt care about that - they were picked because of where they started and where they finished - which also turned out to be bullshit - but at least i have notice for that and can plan accordingly

Forgot to mention - my mate who did the testing used to own a 90cc version. As a pro ex owner, he declared it “a total pearler”.  One of his mates popped by with some chickens (I think he was just giving them a ride out, he left with them) and he was also impressed.  Basically everybody has given it not just the seal of approval, but the walrus as well.

I AM TEH WALRUS - COO COO KA CHOO

DIS @Parky post 2 :D

Should point out this isn’t me - this is my mate John.  I had a go on wee beastie but apart from nearly ripping My leg out of its socket trying to kickstart it, i then got confused with the controls.  

john is farmer - farmer ride anything (including animals)

I found a peculiarity with the design of my hand and a Honda CT.

six fingers? no blame ct as design is older than you are :D

As I pull the brake, the palm of my hand compresses into the throttle and rotates backwards slightly.  As any fule kno, this has the effect of increasing fuel flow.  Grabbing for a non existent clutch lever was no help as the increased throttle made the centrifugal clutch just engage that little more centrifugally and I headed for a kerb at gathering velocity.  A combination of prayer and tendons saved the day, with me heroically using my innards to protect wee beastie. 

when you pull brake you dont hold onto the throttle tube - relax fingers so you dont twist and youll still be able to pull brake - brake can be used with one finger - pulling the clutch lever that isnt there i think might take some getting used to - me too :D

[quote]A combination of prayer and tendons saved the day, with me heroically using my innards to protect wee beastie. [/quote]

when i was in your wonderful country this also happened to me due to kiwi road planning issues

Clutch.  I need a bike with a twist and go - mines a veggie supreme when you come round via uber eats :D

6 hours ago, Parky said:

The honourable M.Hairnet has been very generous.  Dealing with him has been like being a permanent guest at the Ambassadors reception with all the spoiling he has been doing!

you are completely welcome - deal with me??

good job you havent had to feed me :D

spoiling?

to quote paul walker in 2fast 2furious

pockets aint empty cuuuz :)

said repeatedly it aint about the money :)

From Friday

Apologies for the Misunderstanding.  This was billed in advance prior to Booking which is unusual.

I did bill for the Crating as quoted originally which was my error and I have arranged a Credit for this with Richard. 

-------------

Email this morning from their accounts

Riiiiiiiiight

@Parky has the patience of a saint

Imagine the rant if I lived 20 miles from them :D

Screenshot_20210513-090426.png