Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - sleeping

hairnet

Bit surprised that they can MOT it on 60UKK as I don't think this is a legit UK reg on any numbering scheme?

Hopefully won't give you any issues when registering as long as the frame number / VIN is right and the same as the NOVA database.

36 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

Bit surprised that they can MOT it on 60UKK as I don't think this is a legit UK reg on any numbering scheme?

60UKK was an english registration mark issued by Kent Country council in July 1962 :) 

but thats not why it "works" in this case

the reason it works, is as the MOT checker, is run by the DVSA

it completely separate from the DVLA

MOT stuff is done by the DVSA which is its own body, which can run things how it likes

and it is entirely possible to MOT a vehicle on a foreign registration mark, or even just its VIN number if it does not have a registration mark (yet)

and as such the DVSA MOT checker is actually setup for this, so before a vehicle is given a DVLA registration mark, you can still check if its got an MOT

this also works for vehicles on diplomatic plates and the such like :) 

image.png

they also run separate databases for vehicle information 

which is why sometimes when looking up a car on the DVLA and then looking up the same car on the MOT checker you may see discrepancies on vehicle make model, colour or date of first registration etc

and it is also why you cant look up a Northern Ireland registered vehicle on the MOT checker, because their MOTs are run on a completely different system, seperate to the DVSA, so the DVSA's checker and database wont have any info on it

4 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Appropriate new Zealand registration mark is appropriate :) (given where its been exported to!)

also bloody hell that was quick on the MOT! clean pass too :) 

image.thumb.png.07fd5b4da39e074122df5d337dbb981f.png

you need to get a picture of @Yoss in his full royal mail uniform riding it, just to really confuse everyone :D 

No you most definitely do not. 

On 6 HP no chance lol

All vehicles can be moted on chassis no has been the case for longer  than I've been alive

See all kinda hotrods homemade shit and or us imports since maybe 1960

Dave they've dealt with the nova so any issue they have to solve problem

I was gonna but they said they would

5 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

Lovely - would be interested to see the figures when all done on importing one.
Cost to buy, cost to ship, customs rimmage, etc

The cost of the wood to make the crate must give e customers rimmage a good rogering.

have you checked for NZ Spiders ?  

I knew a guy who imported  a bike from the states.  Sat in his workshop for months, then they finally got to get it sorted.  Big spider fell out of the battery compartment.   The thing was half asleep, so they coaxed in into a carrier bag and called the RSPCA.   Some spider expert came out and identied it as a black widow.   By all accounts they had a lucky escape.  

Weta?

Delighted to see it arrived in one piece and got a clean pass!

If anyone else wants to do it I would say that as well as the cost of the bike, the crate, and the shipping, someone somewhere will need palms greasing at some point.  No matter what you allow, here is always another few hundred bucks needed by somebody to get something done.  Especially at the moment when the whole global shipping world is in disarray.  

Would be interested to get a car over next time.  Bet that’s a complete nightmare

17 hours ago, hairnet said:

so across thetford forest and thru the fens to boston (tea or more than a feeling)

zzzz

although got up with it starting 5 (MUTHAFUKA) tried to go back to sleep watched olympics for a bit then set off into the rain at 0630

seeing as i couldnt store the crate anywhere (cant get down the side of the house) i rang sis and said you have a woodburner dont you (yes)

would you like 75kgs of crate

ok

so get there and

many choppings and sawings later and its no more :D

bro in laws battery power circular saw couldnt go near it - id chopped 3 of the side planks with a hand saw before hed got thru one ffs

so some of it will be used for heat some of it will be used to make other stuff :D

IMG_20210730_111457407_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210730_120704734_HDR.jpg

Finally at least a glimpse, bloody hurry up , please.

On 7/31/2021 at 2:47 AM, UltraWomble said:

Lovely - would be interested to see the figures when all done on importing one.
Cost to buy, cost to ship, customs rimmage, etc

As I recall it was a little something like this:

Cost of bike will be whatever that is.  Take the Kiwi figure and halve it and you’ll be close to Sterling.

The crate cost about $500.  Sounds a lot but the shipping firms own crates were twice that.  £250 in real money as they have to be made of certain wood and satisfy international requirements.  Probably could have made something out of wrecked pallets but had neither time or carpentry ability to do a decent job.  Top notch piece of work too.

Shipping was probably around another $1000 (£500).  However someone will want paperwork fees, customs fees, customs papers, proof of ownership, proof of sale, details of warrant and ergo, etc.  It’s not too bad but you will need someone here to deal with that stuff ideally.  Moving it from location to port also incurs fees as many shippers won’t collect if you are too far away.  I am an hour from the port - that was classed as a rural collection and they wouldn’t do it so had to get a courier firm to collect and deliver.  More costs.  But if someone lived closer you might avoid that.

We found our shipper wasn’t all that hot.  The original guy Hairnet dealt with gave one price which was later revised down and a refund issued.  They then realised they shouldn’t have done that and demanded some more money off him so we had to sort that.  Then another woman got involved, but when we responded she was on leave so someone else jumped in, then the original guy reappeared and it seemed every time we asked a question our contact was away and we got someone else who didn’t know what was going on.  On the whole we probably wouldn’t use Taurus Logistics again.

Thats if we do it again!

23 minutes ago, Parky said:

Thats when we do it again!

EFA (hopefully :) )

23 minutes ago, Parky said:

However someone will want paperwork fees, customs fees, customs papers, proof of ownership, proof of sale, details of warrant and ergo, etc.  I

on that note I noticed its not currently showing as exported from New Zealand

@dollywobbler's Fairmont is showing as "Vehicle permanently removed from New Zealand"

but I noticed @hairnet's postie bike is not, 

dont know if it really means much in the grand scheme of things but I figured id mention it incase it does matter and before someone gets their knee caps forcibly removed because of it!

Darn, we could have had one of these thrown into the crate!

https://www.shore50s.co.nz/store/p104/Lifan_125cc_Engine_with_Accessories.html

1A1878F6-A269-4A32-97D3-796967904BDA.png

Ignore the bookmarks.  Vegetarian recipes and nuclear disasters are usual reading material for no reason other than general interest.  I’m not a member of the Sellafield catering department!!

1 minute ago, hairnet said:

Find a dead Grom

For 100 USD buy the bits to upgrade to 142cc and a whole 9.5 HP :)

Surely dead Groms are not that cheap seeing as alive ones are still $$$

Pitbike engines are available in as many hp as sir would like: https://pitbikeparts.co.uk/product/gen-4-yx140-z40-outer-rotor-molkt-carb/

16BHP at the flywheel from this engine ......  Before considering purchasing this engine there are a few things you need to know, your exhaust must have an internal bore of at least 28mm, your back wheel must be heavy duty otherwise it will rip your sprocket clean off.

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

Can i just say htf did the straps hold it up when it wasn't on either of it's stands

How it's not on its side is a mystery

:D

The was John being clever.  He knows things

crate was built like a brick shit house - i chopped it up i know :D

not really a surprise

so after the 500 miles to go fetch it - the evening i get back this happens :D

got back an hour ago many zzzz many tea

nice surprise is - took the battery out of the postie to charge it - found out its 12v :D

that saved me a job :D - next job is go fetch some petrol and speak to the insurance :D

@Parky ya header

days1.png

days2.png

days3.png

days4.png

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - tinkerage

so once id found out where the battery lived 🙄

whipped out and put on charge

think it might be dead cos its been on 4 hours and nothing

battery ordered from tayna - 11 quid :D - looking at the specs for places halfrauds wanted 40 and lithium ones were 150?!??!?!?!!?

need to get pez tomorrow so will put the battery off the big honda on it just to get it going :D

We tried kicking it to life but eventually John did something which got it running.  Some sort of rolling bump start, I didn’t concentrate on what he was doing as I was too busy enjoying the mental grin on his face as he reverted to his twenties when he owned one.  

The plug wasn’t great though, that needed a brief clean.  I would have spent more time on making it concours but John had the wheel at that point and in farmer style did enough to make it work.  “No point in making it look pretty, you can’t see it”.  

Cant argue with that