Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - sleeping

hairnet

so whipped out the battery and went to garage for them to multimeter it as it had been on charge all night and nothing

he tested it and 7v

knew that was gonna happen so ordered one last night as above

went out to it today got the jump pack on it and yay we have neutral light and indicators that make a crazy beeping noise when on

kicku and nothing - wtf its a 100cc single DO AS YOUR TOLD

was gonna pull the plug last night but dont have a socket big enuff - or i do and i cant find it

found some others and had a go again but

DIDNT PUT THE CAP BACK ON DID I (mong)

put it back on and two kicks 

The address is mentioned on the guidance notes: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/976046/V355-5-guide-to-filling-application-for-first-vehicle-tax-and-registration-of-used-motor-vehicle.pdf

Just have a check through and make sure you have included your ID (photocopy of driving licence) as it doesn't say anywhere on the V55 but they will reject without it.

1 hour ago, Dave_Q said:

The address is mentioned on the guidance notes: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/976046/V355-5-guide-to-filling-application-for-first-vehicle-tax-and-registration-of-used-motor-vehicle.pdf

Just have a check through and make sure you have included your ID (photocopy of driving licence) as it doesn't say anywhere on the V55 but they will reject without it.

I wish there public list of all the valid body types 

theres a shit load more then what they list here! 

image.png.090ed596769259945c35964dec023d47.png

(I say valid as the body type is one of those things that is stored in Coded form on the DVLA back end,  and as such only have a fixed list of valid terms, so if you put "smoll moped" in the field it will just come back as Moped since they probably dont have a code for "smoll moped" LOL)

for example the amount of Invalid carriages iv seen incorrectly registered as Tricycles because people did not realise that "invalid vehicle" is a DVLA coded body type is beggars belief

although my favourite has to be, these, which im sure most people would register as special van, lorry or even Luton van or something such

image.thumb.png.ece82aac90b6b57645a3d964cc1928ce.png

but no the DVLA does actually have a dedicated body type for them

pantechnicon

how many people would know that! I mean how many people at the DVLA even still know that!

its such an old worldly term, and is a lovely hold over from the DVLC's vehicle computerisation in the 1970's when such words where in more common use and it tickles me that someone back then in 1974 when setting up the DVLC computer thought to create a proper entry for that body type LOL

Ironically I cant actually find an example as of current to show that is correctly registered as a pantechnicon, but I know its valid body type because I came across a milk float of all things registered as one while conducting some Milk float research a while back for @Mrs6C as you do :) 

edit: here we go I found the milk float one at least LOL EEH27Y

image.png.a5b65b09ce4ada8f88351e23dd85840a.png

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

Docs will be sent to dvla

They are mixture of 2021 and 1950

IMG_20210805_140328257_HDR.jpg

DVLA, insane system. I also have ordered a new cheque book just to pay DVLA.  The local post office has disappeared so can't do a postal order.. I'm still waiting on HMRC.

Some time we should get these two ( CT versus SJ ) 50 mph offroaders together for a challenge off-road and on.

6 minutes ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

DVLA, insane system. I also have ordered a new cheque book just to pay DVLA.  The local post office has disappeared so can't do a postal order.. I'm still waiting on HMRC.

Some time we should get these two ( CT versus SJ ) 50 mph offroaders together for a challenge off-road and on.

how about a fortnight

:D

the last stub says 2014 the one before 2010 :D

20 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

although my favourite has to be, these, which im sure most people would register as special van, lorry or even Luton van or something such

image.thumb.png.ece82aac90b6b57645a3d964cc1928ce.png

but no the DVLA does actually have a dedicated body type for them

pantechnicon

Strictly speaking that is a Luton.  A Pantechnicon is more this style.

SLvC7uWZOHLfg3JIVM2O8BMR8oQ5L_q4z4DHgZGB

6775183666_145529d96a_b.jpg

With no visible division 'twixt cab and body.  Although the definition has become muddled as nobody really makes pantechnicons anymore.

Is it going to be registered in time for you to ride it down to the FOD on the 21st?
Extremely unlikely they are taking minimum 5-6 weeks at the moment and sometimes longer.

Although, just insuring it anyway on the frame number and riding around on the NZ transit plates* would be something we have seen before on this forum and fairly unlikely to get you in too much trouble if you had a good playing dumb face

1 minute ago, Dave_Q said:

Extremely unlikely they are taking minimum 5-6 weeks at the moment and sometimes longer.

Although, just insuring it anyway on the frame number and riding around on the NZ transit plates* would be something we have seen before on this forum and fairly unlikely to get you in too much trouble if you had a good playing dumb face

failing that I wonder if @hairnet knows someone with a set of trade plates he can borrow? :) 

4 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Strictly speaking that is a Luton.  A Pantechnicon is more this style.

SLvC7uWZOHLfg3JIVM2O8BMR8oQ5L_q4z4DHgZGB

6775183666_145529d96a_b.jpg

With no visible division 'twixt cab and body.  Although the definition has become muddled as nobody really makes pantechnicons anymore.

I never knew that.  As far as Lutons go, the other fekker is a big Luton, does that make it a Bedfordshire.

The other ‘old skool’ term you don’t hear these days, is ‘Shooting Brake’.  I think the good call them ‘long roofs’. Car related I know