Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - sleeping

hairnet

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - bit closer now

I wasn’t going to touch it but everyone who sees it loves it.  Might see if Mrs P fancies a bit 

605D1353-1564-42E9-8EC3-AD6EC8702724.jpeg

Next challenge - crating the bugger up.  Might pop to the Zoo and see if they have any old Tiger cages knocking about.  Might get a free Leopard out of it

They have just started reselling them here!  Check out the new price!

9743EE74-B4C4-494F-B6EA-92C599C4C055.png

It can even be purchased in our colour scheme.  Fresco Brown!

7AE7BC31-9BC3-4579-A735-3DF5D520BD9A.jpeg
But ultimately my eye can’t help but be drawn to the price tag....

A9860CAB-2B5C-4F54-9B96-10E1CE4E1472.png

A modern Honda PCX May lack the “OMG so cute!” factor but it is $2500 cheaper.  And nobody is going to hail you down in the street and jokingly ask if you have a letter for them.  

It’s a cool bike though.  I am quite enjoying it in the garage, even put some air in the tyres (30psi dead on front and back) and it already looks perkier, like it wants to go deliver some packages or something

Awaiting quote for the crate which I hope to get tomorrow.  If it’s mental I may have no choice but to nail some Pallets together.  Right now finding this in a field is my main ambition...

882BB2CB-5391-4B8C-B8F5-FFA6D349DAAB.jpeg

You want me to paint the postie bike brown or beige while we wait for the crate?  Get some seventies stripes on it.....groovy.  Be like a two wheeled Huggy Bear.  Cheaper option might be this to wear from Redbubble

A8DCE010-773E-4E34-89C9-F775B3E2025E.jpeg

Only just caught up on this! Well done everyone.  And congratulations @hairnetfor not making everything about bloody money all the time.  I dare say if that was your obsession you'd buy an ex royal mail bicycle from the nearest depot and never buy a litre of fuel ever again.

They have just started reselling them here!  Check out the new price!
9743EE74-B4C4-494F-B6EA-92C599C4C055.thumb.png.65a6e54384626acee4cc9bfb8a6faa13.png
It can even be purchased in our colour scheme.  Fresco Brown!
7AE7BC31-9BC3-4579-A735-3DF5D520BD9A.thumb.jpeg.63d38e78b868bd2f008957eccd69e7f4.jpeg
But ultimately my eye can’t help but be drawn to the price tag....
A9860CAB-2B5C-4F54-9B96-10E1CE4E1472.thumb.png.a05dffd76a85c1ec6b240cdbf99cf118.png
A modern Honda PCX May lack the “OMG so cute!” factor but it is $2500 cheaper.  And nobody is going to hail you down in the street and jokingly ask if you have a letter for them.  

It’s a cool bike though.  I am quite enjoying it in the garage, even put some air in the tyres (30psi dead on front and back) and it already looks perkier, like it wants to go deliver some packages or something
Awaiting quote for the crate which I hope to get tomorrow.  If it’s mental I may have no choice but to nail some Pallets together.  Right now finding this in a field is my main ambition...

882BB2CB-5391-4B8C-B8F5-FFA6D349DAAB.jpeg.90c7170dd51287244ff359f8d58054c0.jpeg
Pallets in a field..... sounds familiar.
Wall of Death time?01bccfd1c4f376303d8260df26d68019.jpg

seriously who would do that unless somebody was paying you £££

In the 70s we had a kid at school who tried to jump the brook at the bottom of the school playing fields on his bike, plank and bricks set up

Most of the school was there to watch , 3 playing fields on 3 levels to cross so he'd built up a fair turn of speed, only the plank snapped launching him into the brook, he hadn't really thought it through as it was all brambles the other side so in the water was the most favourable outcome 

10 hours ago, Parky said:

You want me to paint the postie bike brown or beige while we wait for the crate?  Get some seventies stripes on it.....groovy.  Be like a two wheeled Huggy Bear.  Cheaper option might be this to wear from Redbubble

A8DCE010-773E-4E34-89C9-F775B3E2025E.jpeg

thats not a postie bike

mr magoo :D

i got an email today from james cargo

but i had to get my chinese friend to read it to me

his name is fuh-king LOL

i havent larfed so hard since last time i larfed :D

they also cant read cos they quoted from auckland - when they were told it was south island so i dont trust their sense of direction or geography

• hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - all these furrin people make my life a misery
  • hairnet changed the title to Oh ffs what did you do now..........honda ct110 postie bike - all these furrin people make my life a misery part 2

getting quotes from various

got a quote from one yesterday

cleardot.gifread my text at the bottom then read his 2nd paragraph and you know why i changed the title (the first one was a joke)

Hi Mark

What is the crate made of wood or steel and what else is going with the bike ?
We use our own steel cradle system that is included in the below cost.

Yes we always load and unload the containers in Gravesend.
The cost for shipping your bike one way UK to Christchurch would be more than frogchods wine tab

Is the bike going to stay in NZ permanently ? because if so Customs will charge gst 15% on the value of the bike when it arrives.
The bike needs to be clean to pass MPI inspections when it arrives, or a cleaning bill of $300 nzd and the second MPI inspection fee will be incurred by the owner.

^^ friend imported his bike and even tho it was pathologically cleaned before it went they said no and they had to clean it and reinspect it :D which took 30 secs to clean and 5 mins to redo the paperwork - for $300 :o

i dont have that problem as its coming this way

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards

Daniel
New Zealand Motorcycle Adventures

Submitted Information:

Enquiry
hi

quote please for one way ship from christchurch nz to uk (is it always gravesend?)

thanks
mark

so the place above emailed me again and his first line

oh sorry id not read your email properly

that and the bit that said gravesend (which is why they were asked - makes it a complete pita from here)

means a no from me (and a no from him :D )