FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

4 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

Made it to Grantham Premier Inn and had a good evening meeting Shiters and came out to this

IMG_20210730_225105.thumb.jpg.58a0ed1c67673a36ca63e77ae783cc32.jpg

Red and yellow and pink and green

Purple and orange and blue

I can sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow too

Listen with your eyes

Listen with your ears

And sing everything you see

I can sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow

Sing along with me

Oh dear! If that car park were any oiler, the USA would invade it! 

As mentioned in my other thread, wiper motor of the Corona died while passing Durham. It was still close enough to head home and swap cars, we would have never made it to our Airbnb otherwise with the shit weather we experienced on our way down here. Look out for a black Lincoln with German plates at the event tomorrow 😂

Just had much-needed mug of tea and a bit of pre-breakfast toast.

IMG_7331.thumb.JPG.2267bb02b62334797219b4b115cf8a7a.JPG

LS400 prepped, I finally got around to swapping the wheels so the spokes face in the direction. New battery purchased after I decided that its original one going flat after just a week could cause me a problem (good job it was payday). Then cleaned it in the rain.

Chucked a load of spare magazines, workshop manuals etc in the boot, now about to set off.

Good luck with your journeys there everyone!

6 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Anyone been before and know if there is any sort of food available at the show? I have just realised I haven’t been food shopping so just wondered if I need to stop on the way or whether there’s going to be some sort of catering/burger van or something there? 

Nobody's been to the show at this venue before but there's usually a couple of refreshment vans with big queues because there's enough trade for for about 6 so I'm bringing sandwiches and a Thermos 😉.

7 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Anyone been before and know if there is any sort of food available at the show? I have just realised I haven’t been food shopping so just wondered if I need to stop on the way or whether there’s going to be some sort of catering/burger van or something there? 

There'll be a range of food stalls according to this: https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/events-articles/festival-of-the-unexceptional/hagertys-festival-of-the-unexceptional-returns-on-31-july-to-celebrate-the-most-marvellously-mundane-motor-cars/

Hope others have a great day. I was really looking forward to this - first day I've looked forward to for my own selfish reasons for a long time, but it's been scuppered unfortunately.

I was hoping to meet some of you, but shit happens. Have fun.

Testing everyone’s cooling systems like this doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of the event. 😂

I’m not there, but it feels like they may be bound by Covid insurance to put more checks in than they normally do. In which case I’m keeping everything crossed for the two people who are masquerading as me today!