FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

3 hours ago, wesacosa said:

well first leg of the weekend hasn't gone well at all.  despite burning midnight oil all week on Panda I couldn't get it ready. gave the Favorit which hasn't done much for a year or so a cursory glance late last night and set off for Hull this morning.. noticed some creaking on the steering when parking up.  Turns out its had a spectacular steering gaitor failure and can't source a replacement from ECP or anywhere I can pick one up .  

Well believe it or not I have managed to make matters worse.  I had the bright idea to take the inner end of the gaiter off to pack some more grease in before I taped up the broken outer edge.  Now I can't get the bloody thing back on. the lip has flipped in on itself and everything is so slippy with grease I can't get a grip on anything.  Oh, and its pissing rain.   I am not sure how I am going to get to the show and or home at the moment :(

Leaving North Norfolk coast about 7.00 with Mrs Sham, mini Sham and little Miss Sham. There may be a dog as well.

Hope to see a few unexceptional vehicles en route.

3 hours ago, wesacosa said:

Well believe it or not I have managed to make matters worse.  I had the bright idea to take the inner end of the gaiter off to pack some more grease in before I taped up the broken outer edge.  Now I can't get the bloody thing back on. the lip has flipped in on itself and everything is so slippy with grease I can't get a grip on anything.  Oh, and its pissing rain.   I am not sure how I am going to get to the show and or home at the moment :(

The gaiter is back on.   Inner end ok but outer end is pretty destroyed even beyond gaffer tape.  Given I am now stranded in Hull  with no chance of getting a new gaiter I think the only thing I can do is pack it with grease before I go, and keep stopping to add more as we go.   Or does anyone think that's the worst idea they ever heard?! 🤣

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

I’m another casualty for this one, unfortunately. Too many places to be in too short a space of time… something had to give. Sadly it was this. 

Bummer.  I was looking forward to seeing the Pontiac in the plastic.

14 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I'm meeting Wuvvum and his mate at Benny's Diner on the A17 at around 8.

I’ll be a fair bit later than you I should think, that’s long Sutton isn’t it? I’m about 40 mins from there (I live 2 mins from the Swaffham A47 McDonald’s) and mrs JJ0063 is on late shift tonight so won’t be home until the early hours.. I don’t dare push my luck in asking to leave earlier than 8am!

Made it to Grantham Premier Inn and had a good evening meeting Shiters and came out to this

IMG_20210730_225105.thumb.jpg.58a0ed1c67673a36ca63e77ae783cc32.jpg

Red and yellow and pink and green

Purple and orange and blue

I can sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow too

Listen with your eyes

Listen with your ears

And sing everything you see

I can sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow

Sing along with me

Anyone been before and know if there is any sort of food available at the show? I have just realised I haven’t been food shopping so just wondered if I need to stop on the way or whether there’s going to be some sort of catering/burger van or something there?