FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

I was hoping to get a ticket as a visitor without a vehicle that qualifies but it seems like I have missed the boat. :( Quite a shame as it's to be held in the next county to where I am based. Ho hum.

Have a nice time chaps and chappesess! Maybe I'll visit next year if I can book a ticket early enough. :)

3 hours ago, Schaefft said:

I think you are supposed to be there earlier if you are coming with an old car right? By 10am I assume everyone is supposed to be parked up?

No, 10am is the earliest anyone can get in. Remember, there is no public, so it's a closed event made up purely of those who are attending. Yes, there will be some folk in moderns, but the majority of people there will be taking part, whether in the Concours (only about 20 cars IIRC) or the main older car parking area.

12 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

No, 10am is the earliest anyone can get in. Remember, there is no public, so it's a closed event made up purely of those who are attending. Yes, there will be some folk in moderns, but the majority of people there will be taking part, whether in the Concours (only about 20 cars IIRC) or the main older car parking area.

I'm glad that's cleared up. There's loads of others asking the same question about parking on FB&Twitter, it's not the clearest. 

Not hugly bothered about the concours but I'm awfully glad the Main Parking seems to be where the majority of interesting cars will be to see 🙂

13 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Planning on meeting with some folks at Colsterworth Truck Stop at ~0900-0930, it’s about 10 mins away from the venue if anyone’s keen?

Myself, @dollywobbler and @Fumbler are staying at the Premier Inn in Grantham, the next junction up the A1 so it's on our way. I plan to leave there 0900 - 0915 and it's like 8 miles.

6 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Myself, @dollywobbler and @Fumbler are staying at the Premier Inn in Grantham, the next junction up the A1 so it's on our way. I plan to leave there 0900 - 0915 and it's like 8 miles.

I'll see you there Friday night, although I'll be staying at the Travelodge up the road. Will try and meet up in the morning too, assuming I'm up in time!

1 hour ago, mat_the_cat said:

I'll see you there Friday night, although I'll be staying at the Travelodge up the road. Will try and meet up in the morning too, assuming I'm up in time!

We have a table for dinner booked at 7pm but no extra seats. If you wanna meet up before that and we could try blagging a bigger table...

I'm a bit gutted but I can't make it now this year, I was really looking forwards to it but the Dolomite which is the car I've booked in has smashed its starter motor and my dad's offered to come over on Saturday to help me fix it (it's a right sod to get to the top bolts) and I need the car fixed for a local show. 

Have a great time those who are going! 

I know this has probably been asked a 100 times already but can I just confirm that 2 spectator tickets for me and the missus will allow us to park the Samba with the rest of the unexceptional cars 

6 hours ago, Andyd66 said:

I know this has probably been asked a 100 times already but can I just confirm that 2 spectator tickets for me and the missus will allow us to park the Samba with the rest of the unexceptional cars 

Response direct from the organisers on this: "With the spectator ticket you are able to park in the Unexceptional car park. Just arrive on the day and you will be directed to park in the correct place."

For once I have the luxury of a full day at home before a show, but weather not ideal today for car prep. LS400 battery has gone flat, so that's one job that needs to be done if nothing else......

7 hours ago, Andyd66 said:

I doubt it,  you dont want your day ruined   and it will most probably piss it down,.... shall i buy your tickets to cheer you up ...

well first leg of the weekend hasn't gone well at all.  despite burning midnight oil all week on Panda I couldn't get it ready. gave the Favorit which hasn't done much for a year or so a cursory glance late last night and set off for Hull this morning.. noticed some creaking on the steering when parking up.  Turns out its had a spectacular steering gaitor failure and can't source a replacement from ECP or anywhere I can pick one up .  

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

well first leg of the weekend hasn't gone well at all.  despite burning midnight oil all week on Panda I couldn't get it ready. gave the Favorit which hasn't done much for a year or so a cursory glance late last night and set off for Hull this morning.. noticed some creaking on the steering when parking up.  Turns out its had a spectacular steering gaitor failure and can't source a replacement from ECP or anywhere I can pick one up .  

The answer is

High Quality Gaffa Tape, Black at Gear4music