FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

4 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

A rear wheel cylinder,  I bought one from the local factors that an eBay seller said would fit a Dacia 1310 but didn't so the local factors found me the codes for one to fit a Renault 12 and only one UK seller had stock but are taking forever to send it.

I did grumble about the dispatch time but stupidly didn't check that the Monday they agreed to send it by was the right one 🙈

Just clamp off the flexi to the offending cylinder.  Three working brakes is plenty.

12 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Having unwittingly driven a HiJet pickup with no back brakes for some time

Most HiJets lose their rear brakes at some point, the LSP valve seizes up. The front discs are perfectly adequate unless it's over-loaded (ask me how I know)

Usually everyone drives in together and the concourse lot are filtered off into the show field.  A couple of Marshall's then point the other arrivals into either the chod carpark or the boring modern carpark.  Most pre 2000 stuff goes into the chod parking forming most of the show.  Boring shit like MK2 Focus's, Rover 45s and Maclaren P1s goes to the other one.

You tend to end up parked in arrival order so if we want to park together we need to arrive together.

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

Remove old cylinder, sand internal surfaces with 2000grit to remove burrs, clean up pistons with 2000grit, re-assemble.
Works astonishingly well.  Recovered some shockingly bad wheel cylinders like that in the past.

I'm not sure if I'll have time but I'll give it a go if I can get the pistons out.

11 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

I’m hoping this is going to make an appearance (not the i3)

It doesn’t currently have a radiator fan though, which is sub-optimal. 

I drove a Renault Clio without an engine fan for about 6 months. 

It was fine as long as you kept moving. Living in the country helped as no traffic jams. 

I'd chance it! 

2 minutes ago, Spurious said:

I drove a Renault Clio without an engine fan for about 6 months. 

It was fine as long as you kept moving. Living in the country helped as no traffic jams. 

I'd chance it! 

Replacement fan should be here on Friday 🤞 

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

I’m hoping this is going to make an appearance (not the i3)

It doesn’t currently have a radiator fan though, which is sub-optimal. 

I drove my Volvo 740 for the best part of 2 years without a radiator fan in all conditions. It did come close to boiling a few times but only in stationary traffic. The fact the trans oil cooler is in the radiator meant that once the engine was at temperature and the water started flowing it basically had an entire gearbox at it's disposal as a massive heatsink before the engine temperature started to rise.

i got a ticket for both myself and kerry to go, with the mini 1000.

but that  car is been a shitbox and running on 2,  sometimes 3 cylinders, maybe, and i think the head gasket is starting to go.....

so i'm thinking of doing the right thing and going in the Rover 75, since  that car  has actually managed to PASS the mot, at the second attempt.

any idea what the weather forecast is for Saturday?

8 minutes ago, 95 quid Peugeot said:

Bornitedentity,

Before i say yes to your tickets, does anyone know if the Gardens there are open......just asking for Mrs 95, might sway her to day out

I think it's closed to the public that day, and someone has already snaffled the ticket. Sorry man!

Website does suggest grounds are open

Are children welcome?
Absolutely. Children 12 and under go for free, and you don’t need to apply for a ticket for them. Those older will require a ticket. There’s an adventure playground as well as wonderful grounds at Grimsthorpe Castle in Lincolnshire which will be open to visitors.

there is an itinerary on the ticket website

10am - Event opens

11am - The Concours de l’Ordinaire judging commences

12pm - The Feast of the Unexceptional picnic judging commences

1pm - Best dressed judging commences

2pm - Prizegiving

4pm - Event closes 

I'm going to have to use the Volvo* as I can't get the Golf** MOT'd before the date (which is annoying as I'd like to make comparisons with Kiltox's Astra, as I suspect many people would). I don't want to make arrangements to meet up as I don't know how quick I will be getting there. If I spot people on the way I may tag along.

*960 Estate in Blackberry.

** Mk3 1.4 L