FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

1 minute ago, wuvvum said:

I imagine there'll be a few people turning up blissfully unaware.  They didn't exactly make it obvious on the booking site.

Very much this. 

The booking site very much gives the feel of booking per-car, which gives the impression you could turn up with one ticket and a car full of people. 

Just looked at my ticket, it just says "Spectator" but presumably that's still enough to get me into the rubbish car parking area?

I only got the one ticket but 15yr old Master SL will be with me. We'll just have to bluff it if they don't want to class him as a kid, failing that surely it's a venue that's open to the public?

They don't make it easy do they?.......

9 hours ago, Crackers said:

Very much this. 

The booking site very much gives the feel of booking per-car, which gives the impression you could turn up with one ticket and a car full of people. 

Its a crazy way of doing it. Given that the spectator car park is very much part of the show they have absolutely no idea how many cars will be there 

3 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I only got the one ticket but 15yr old Master SL will be with me. We'll just have to bluff it if they don't want to class him as a kid, failing that surely it's a venue that's open to the public? 

I thought that but looking on the castle website it says it's closed to the public on Saturdays. 

After the tenth car has turned up with one booking but two/three people in it, and they've started arguing the toss at the gate and holding things up, the staff will simply start waving everyone in.  It's not worth their bad publicity to actively turn people away once they're actually there.

8 hours ago, Talbot said:

After the tenth car has turned up with one booking but two/three people in it, and they've started arguing the toss at the gate and holding things up, the staff will simply start waving everyone in.  It's not worth their bad publicity to actively turn people away once they're actually there.

I would say it was initiated as an insurance policy against any Covid restrictions that might have been in place. On the basis that there are now none, I don’t think they’ll give a flying f**k. 

I'm relatively sure that it was discussed here before that one ticket per car would be enough? In either case, should they actually send me my "special" pass they mentioned in an email ages ago my normal ticket might be available. It does however have my name on it so I don't know how it works for the others.

The Corona has had its first MOT test since 2011 last Friday and has obviously failed, however its just a brake hose and after a session of extreme parts cross referencing it should be ready by Tuesday, which leaves me 3 days to turn this thing into something halfway decent that can make the trip and be presentable! Never rely on ECP if you need something for your obscure JDM import asap. Or any Celica of the 90s for that matter.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-23 at 17.09.14.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-23 at 17.09.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-24 at 13.43.28.jpeg

17 minutes ago, TripleRich said:

Hopeful I can make it.  Booked for the concours ages ago but was unsuccessful as they were overwhelmed with entries for it.  They sent an email saying I'd get a regular ticket instead but I've not received anything and now the event is sold out.  I have chased of course, fingers crossed.

I asked them about it about 2 weeks ago and they said they would send emails with special passes out that gives you and a passenger access to the event. I'm starting to get the feeling that whoever is managing this has way more on their plate than they can handle...

Just got my "special" pass for me and one passenger. That means that my normal unexpetional spectator car ticket is up for grabs although it does have my name on it.

Interestingly enough the special pass has nothing in place that would make it unique, so its very easy to create unlimited copies of it...😂

On 7/20/2021 at 5:44 PM, Bigman1207 said:

Okay the a151 bourne to grimsthorpe is closed. Division takes you a17 to the a52. Thereafter sorry don't know 

Thank's for the heads up. I will go Little Bytham way then. 

If the diversion takes the A52 it will probably go A1 south and turn off at Colsterworth

3 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Arrghh, looks like a dickhead eBay sellers ridiculously long dispatch times will kybosh the Dacia's chances of making it to this.

What's the likely result of turning up in the Focus with one spectator ticket and 2 classic tickets with 2 kids?

I think kids dont need tickets , but not sure up to what age.

I m sure they won't make too much of a distinction between classic and Spector tickets surely?  must be some accounting for people who suffer late car problems and have to come in a modern car

Are children welcome?

Absolutely. Children 12 and under go for free, and you don’t need to apply for a ticket for them. Those older will require a ticket. There’s an adventure playground as well as wonderful grounds at Grimsthorpe Castle in Lincolnshire which will be open to visitors.

5 hours ago, Talbot said:

What parts are you waiting on?

A rear wheel cylinder,  I bought one from the local factors that an eBay seller said would fit a Dacia 1310 but didn't so the local factors found me the codes for one to fit a Renault 12 and only one UK seller had stock but are taking forever to send it.

I did grumble about the dispatch time but stupidly didn't check that the Monday they agreed to send it by was the right one 🙈