FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

• 2 weeks later...

question to those who have attended before. How likely is it you will be invited to park in the "silver" parking with the non concourse classics/unexceptionals? Is it pretty much anyone who turns up in something retro, or are they limited on space/fussy about having too many of the same car? 

I am coming up from London for the show but combining it with some family stuff and visiting other parts of t'north which would be a tiny bit easier in Mrs W's modern.  The show is the main reason for the visit so no issues coming in one of the "retro" fleet but would be a bit peeved if I ended up parked in the car park with all of the silver modern  appliances

thanks. Original plan was to bring the XM if I can get it done in time or the Favorit if I could not, but with my recent good fortune in the Roffle bringing Spartacus' Panda into the fold I will likely bring that if I can make it work for the other weekend duties

On 6/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, 320touring said:

Convinced myself I should make the effort to go to this at least once.

Booked tickets..

PayPal taken, email saying have been successful.

Have emailed to find out.

i have one ticket if you find out they didnt let you buy yours :)

I'm absolutely gutted, but the current covid related rules mean it's impossible for me to attend FOTU. I've decided to keep the Polonez for another year so I'm really hoping to drive it over for 2022. I was really hoping I could make it happen this year. :(

I've missed the boat with the cheap Premier Inn rooms, so have booked in at the Travelodge on the Friday night. Still planning on meeting up with folk in the evening though. 

I've unexpectedly been invited to another car show on the same weekend though, which may be of interest to FOTU attendees:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/classic/uks-rarest-cars-featured-classic-silverstone-summer/

I'll be heading along on the Sunday (had to apologetically rearrange after I realised I was double booked!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 7:21 PM, catsinthewelder said:

Anyone else planning to camp nearby the night before?  I'm thinking of camping over near Rutland water with a couple of the kids.

I'd have been well up for this, but I've booked a Travelodge. I might be able to cancel though...

8 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

I'd have been well up for this, but I've booked a Travelodge. I might be able to cancel though...

Unfortunately the site were being a bit odd, not taking bookings for less than 2 nights.  Combined with my son's travel plans changing, I'm just going to drive there and back in a day.  Tis a shame as that would have been nice.

I can’t go now, because I have to self-isolate because I’m not one of Boris Cunting Johnson’s jolly chums.

If the corrupt shower of shitcunts decide to play any more games in their pissing war with France that’s already devastating the UK economy then I’ll have to spend two and a half grand being fucking locked up.

Don’t get me started.

22 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

I can’t go now, because I have to self-isolate because I’m not one of Boris Cunting Johnson’s jolly chums.

If the corrupt shower of shitcunts decide to play any more games in their pissing war with France that’s already devastating the UK economy then I’ll have to spend two and a half grand being fucking locked up.

Don’t get me started.

Did they ping you through the app or email you?

I'm no expert, but they tell me ping is optional, email is law.

Obviously mine is email.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/british-holidaymakers-lose-thousands-pinged-nhs-covid-app-legal-loophole-1108721

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I have two cars registered if someone wants to take one of my places. I’m also very much in two minds about going, so there might be two places. 

I have one car registered twice! Or however it works. No idea really. I've a feeling the 306 will just be waved into a regular car parking area anyway, thus kind of defeating the object...

Also: please attend.