FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

20 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Right I shall be booking soon. Probably in the next couple of days. Best options seem to be Premier Inn Grantham or Newark for copious on site parking and attached eatery / bar. There's a Premier Inn in Melton Mowbray but parking is very restricted.

Who fancies where then so that at least a couple of us can have a meetup / drink / convoy?

I can try Grantham, although it's further away than the castle itself for me! Failing that I'll stay near Spalding as family isn't far away from there.

32 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Right I shall be booking soon. Probably in the next couple of days. Best options seem to be Premier Inn Grantham or Newark for copious on site parking and attached eatery / bar. There's a Premier Inn in Melton Mowbray but parking is very restricted.

Who fancies where then so that at least a couple of us can have a meetup / drink / convoy?

This sounds most agreeable. 

That's me booked Grantham Premier Inn. I have also opted to stay the Thursday night so that Friday day time I can nip down to That There London (or back up to York) on the train for a nosey about. Now to fire off an email to crewplan to see if I can get the Thursday off to travel down.

Real. Shit's getting it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally booked for one of these. I have a spectator pass (whatever that is). I applied for the concours thing but I'm not actually fussed about show & shine - I just thought that was the normal way in? I see people mentioning staying overnight - is that recommended? It's not a journey for me to do twice, but is it worth being there both days?

188167870_10159526819860742_4463838268579215939_n.jpg

2 hours ago, richykitchy said:

I've finally booked for one of these. I have a spectator pass (whatever that is). I applied for the concours thing but I'm not actually fussed about show & shine - I just thought that was the normal way in? I see people mentioning staying overnight - is that recommended? It's not a journey for me to do twice, but is it worth being there both days?

188167870_10159526819860742_4463838268579215939_n.jpg

I'm coming up on Friday to stay overnight for the event on Saturday- it made more sense given I'm rather far away. Your BX16 would be a nice concours contender!

9 minutes ago, Isaac Hunt said:

Look at the lawn “The lawn of Grimsthorpe Castle awaits the star cars of the Concours de l’Ordinaire” and when the grounds man finds out a hundred shitters have dumped oil all over his posh lawn he’ll be proper pissed

In 2018, the custodians of Stowe House may* have found traces of Dexron III on the lawn, marking the spot where the CX was parked in the Concours area.

Ditto the groundsman at Little Horwood the same year....

17 hours ago, Fumbler said:

I'm coming up on Friday to stay overnight for the event on Saturday- it made more sense given I'm rather far away. Your BX16 would be a nice concours contender!

I'm even further away than you, but I also don't mind covering larger chunks of miles in short periods of time. I might see about staying on the Friday, see what happens.

I did enter VEP into the concours thing, but I'm not fussed about competing, I just wanted to park on the lawn with all the other relics and be part of it all. VEP is very original, and unrestored....make of that what you will!

On 6/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, richykitchy said:

I've booked in, and planning to stop over on the Friday night (Grantham here we come!) - note that it's only a 1 day event though, and not the full weekend! Don't make the mistake I made in 2015, when I turned up on the Sunday to find it rather devoid of chod.

Basically the main part of the show is effectively the car park for the 'interesting' cars, mostly pre-booked but if you turn up in something unusual chances are you'll get waved through.

4 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

I've booked in, and planning to stop over on the Friday night (Grantham here we come!) - note that it's only a 1 day event though, and not the full weekend! Don't make the mistake I made in 2015, when I turned up on the Sunday to find it rather devoid of chod.

Basically the main part of the show is effectively the car park for the 'interesting' cars, mostly pre-booked but if you turn up in something unusual chances are you'll get waved through.

At least one familiar face for the Friday evening at the hotel / restaurant / bar!

On 6/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, mat_the_cat said:

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to it! Be good to catch up too, mate. Ain't seen you for years!

Fingers crossed the Bluebird will be back in one piece by the end of July! Someone did ask if I could take the Capri, but whilst my own Capri is at the 'unexceptional' end of the Capri-spectrum, I think the Bluebird is more in keeping with the theme. But maybe next year.