FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

14 hours ago, wesacosa said:

anyone know , does the ticket cover passengers in the car, or would I need to buy a ticket for them separately? It wasn't clear from reading the website

In previous years you just needed to book the car but it certainly looked like each passenger needed a ticket this year.  Only one of my kids wants to come so I booked 2 tickets.  I already had 2 cars registered so both came saying spectator.

6 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

In previous years you just needed to book the car but it certainly looked like each passenger needed a ticket this year.  Only one of my kids wants to come so I booked 2 tickets.  I already had 2 cars registered so both came saying spectator.

yeah it wasn't clear. Both classic and spectator tickets mentioned bringing a car so if they insist on using their allocation of car tickets for passengers the fields could be pretty light on cars. I emailed them for clarification

3 hours ago, wesacosa said:

yeah it wasn't clear. Both classic and spectator tickets mentioned bringing a car so if they insist on using their allocation of car tickets for passengers the fields could be pretty light on cars. I emailed them for clarification

I was confused too... I only booked one as it wanted me to register 4 cars for the 4 tickets I’d need if my family all come too... 

Ditto. I booked a ticket on personal data only, then re-read things and realised that my wife would need one, so I booked another. But both have my name on them.

Only after that, though, with PDFs for two Spectator tickets, did I do anything about entering details about the car. I can't see any way that the tickets are actually linked to the car.  I R confooozed.

3 hours ago, brownnova said:

I was confused too... I only booked one as it wanted me to register 4 cars for the 4 tickets I’d need if my family all come too... 

But then your children could bring a car each too, you have enough cars! Can think of no flaw in this plan... Indeed I can offer my kids up for driving duty if needed? 

10 hours ago, Brodders said:

Thanks, got it earlier this year and have to say it's brilliant. Bottom of the range with a beige on brown interior, so should fit the show perfectly.

It drives really nicely too. 

I've booked the Dolomite in although it doesn't feel quite as in keeping with the ethos of the show as the Marina did. 

i've booked a ticket for me and kerry to go with, weather dependant of course!

dunno what we are going to go in, currently only the mini 1000 is on the road, so its looking good for a road trip for Rodney Mini

20210408_165240.thumb.jpg.28b94b2742c86938e2fdf0367b0a0766.jpg

however, i have got Hydrolastic & Hydragas Service coming to put new cans and link pipe on Marvin the Metro next week, as a prelude to that car going for an mot after siting in the garage for the better part of 2 years.

1251771417_2020-08-1414_16_07.thumb.jpg.10dcf2d2718fcab98744e614a3142284.jpg

who knows? maybe that car will be road worthy by then!

trying to get some clarification on the per person or per car thing on the Hagerty website. Looks like it's one per person but they now don't make you put two different car regs 

Mr. V. den Plas

April 27, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Thank you for providing the ticket link. However, the booking method is ambiguous. It says “1 ticket is required per person” so I book 2…. then asks for TWO classic registration marks. Either its a ticket per person, or a ticket per classic car. Either way, I cant provide two VRM’s. Please can you clarify and adjust accordingly.

wesacosa

April 29, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Agreed. its super confusing. It is not clear how to handle tickets for passengers in a car you book in. Do you need one ticket per car or one per person, and if its one per person how to do that if you can only use on reg number

Antony Ingram

April 29, 2021 at 12:28 pm

Hello – there were problems with this earlier but the issue has been fixed in the past couple of days. The wording is much clearer now so worth giving it another try!

wesacosa

April 29, 2021 at 12:51 pm

thanks @Antony Ingram

I read it again and I am taking it that if I have one classic/unexceptional vehicle not entered in the concours competition and I bring a second person in the car with me then I need two of the “free” tickets. If this is wrong please advise. Thanks

1 hour ago, montytom said:

I'd like to meet up with some members from here if covid rules allow. How would we go about doing it as I'm sure quite a few of us are going

Wear a Trench coat and hang out by the toilet block?

On a more serious note, I’m not sure, but I am also up for saying hello. I’ll let an adult plan the details. 

Plunge taken and ticket booked.

Where are folk staying this year? In previous years The Field of Dreams was the traditional pre-show staging post with pre-show Silvers Service breakfast in the morning, but seeing this year's show is in the far east, FoD doesn't look like it would be a good place to spend the night unless you want to leave silly early the next morning. I may also bring the 205 this year so camping is even more so up the spout as I refuse to do a cms206 and sleeping in the car. Anyone going to be in a hotel / live near the show?