FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

A mere 73 miles each way apparently, ideal for a roof down day in the 206cc. Well, if it was pre '96, which it isn't, so I'd have to get the 'B Roadster fettled up, and as it's not done 73 miles in a year for some time, let alone a day, and the last time it did that sort of distance in a single day was over 15 years ago when BiL owned it, and it caught fire............

On 3/24/2021 at 7:11 PM, wuvvum said:

Fucking A!  Just over 100 miles and on fairly slow roads so easily doable in the Renault 6, or the Innocenti if I have it back on the road by then.  And I'll have long since had my second Covid jab so won't have that to worry about.

No chance you want company on the trip - seeing as you will drive right past my door and I don't have suitable chod for this event.....

Well I do have a ex mini cab from the 90's but I somehow think it might not cut the mustard

10 hours ago, Fumbler said:

The Micra is a hair over the 1996 limit which is inconvenient, but doable I suspect (it's only out by a month). I don't know how stringent they are on those dates, however, as there's a 2000 Seicento in one of their pictures. Anyhow I'm going to try to get there some way, no excuse given its only in Lincolnshire.

My 1997 Saab 9000 got in a couple of years back... you’ll be fine! 

1 minute ago, beko1987 said:

All this talk of age, I thought we had some sort of buffer/%age as a club? Might have to park in a nearby layby and get a lift in... (2002)

There are no club stands. You’re either in the concours, the chod park or the regular public car park in another field. 

The Vel-Satis would I’m sure be welcome in the display chod park because of its very nature. They are quite flexible about what goes in, but Ken had no dice with his Rover 45.

37 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

There are no club stands. You’re either in the concours, the chod park or the regular public car park in another field. 

The Vel-Satis would I’m sure be welcome in the display chod park because of its very nature. They are quite flexible about what goes in, but Ken had no dice with his Rover 45.

Aaah that's alright then, chod parking is fine by me! 

I won't bother to detail the car in readiness then... 

Your 2nd bit makes sense though, alot depends on who waves you through the gate and how big the smile is as he clocks your car I guess 

12 hours ago, HMC said:

Although unexceptional could also mean simply popular/ commonplace and that doesn’t necessarily mean its an unexceptional car per se.

I really hope so, I consider all my cars exceptional, I may be the only person who does but that is the point for me, your car should be something that makes you happy to look at, sit in and drive otherwise why own it? I see no point in having a car just to impress other people.
None of my cars are concours, I like cars that look used but cared for.

13 hours ago, Bstardchild said:

No chance you want company on the trip - seeing as you will drive right past my door and I don't have suitable chod for this event.....

Well I do have a ex mini cab from the 90's but I somehow think it might not cut the mustard

Potentially yes - just waiting to hear if my mate and his Mrs want to come along again, four up in the Innocenti might be pushing it a bit, especially given that my mate is a lanky fecker as well.

Your E38 would probably be allowed in though, it was introduced prior to the cut-off date and it's a nice looking motor.  They're quite flexible about what's allowed, as long as it's not an early 2000s Rover 45.  Or a new McLaren - someone turned up in one of those last time and was directed to park next to the Portaloos.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

They're quite flexible about what's allowed, as long as it's not an early 2000s Rover 45.  Or a new McLaren - someone turned up in one of those last time and was directed to park next to the Portaloos

Or like the silly bint who rocked up in the Ferrari and parked up behind myself (Alfa) and @davidfowler2000 (SVM) and proceeded to get narky with the attention something English and rusty was attracting.

1 hour ago, outlaw118 said:

Or like the silly bint who rocked up in the Ferrari and parked up behind myself (Alfa) and @davidfowler2000 (SVM) and proceeded to get narky with the attention something English and rusty was attracting.

Maybe she was only let in because someone liked her bodywork*?

*alternative crude jokes are available

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Potentially yes - just waiting to hear if my mate and his Mrs want to come along again, four up in the Innocenti might be pushing it a bit, especially given that my mate is a lanky fecker as well.

Your E38 would probably be allowed in though, it was introduced prior to the cut-off date and it's a nice looking motor.  They're quite flexible about what's allowed, as long as it's not an early 2000s Rover 45.  Or a new McLaren - someone turned up in one of those last time and was directed to park next to the Portaloos.

E38 should be gone/sold by then - it was the Carlton I was referring too

7 hours ago, beko1987 said:

All this talk of age, I thought we had some sort of buffer/%age as a club? Might have to park in a nearby layby and get a lift in... (2002)

You're thinking of Chumly.

I'm also off work that weekend so I shall figure out lodgings in order to attend.