FotU 2021 - GO GO GO!

BorniteIdentity

45 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

I'm taking some comfort for last summer, when we enjoyed some freedom but cases and deaths dropped an awful lot. I'll be keeping my distance anyway I suspect. Going back to crowds is far from my current wish list!

Assuming that you are allowed more than 5miles from home of course.

22 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I certainly want to make it myself :) 

but all depends if I can actually get my full driving licence this decade and likewise if I can get my car on the road in time!

Have you got a test booked?  From what I gather my son (17 in September) probably won't get one until he's nearly 18 at the going rate!

Are you planning on getting an actual car when you pass, or just the Inv*c*r?! 

25 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I certainly want to make it myself :) 

but all depends if I can actually get my full driving licence this decade and likewise if I can get my car on the road in time!

With some brief train travel required on your part I could assist... Can go m25/a1 and dip into an outer lahndahn station (lez_unfriendly car though) , via MK Station would be en route too, you'd just need to be shit hot on the timings. Especially coming back as who knows when we'll leave! 

Or work it all out from Peterborough (Kings Cross) and I'll dive past and go that way.

36 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Have you got a test booked?  From what I gather my son (17 in September) probably won't get one until he's nearly 18 at the going rate!

a good few months ago (during the fleeting moments between last lockdown and this one and I managed to get 3 lessons in with my new instructor) I got a test booked in for the 4th of May to get my foot in the door

but unless I am able to get a high number of lessons in soon, ill probably reschedule it for a bit later, as driving lessons are only resuming from the 12th of April (Iv got a Lesson booked in for the 15th :)) so that does not leave much time between then and and the 4th of May

(as I already have my foot in the door with an test booked I can then further look for slots from other people who have cancelled their test etc, normally people use this to grab an earlier slot then what they already have, which I have done so in the past, but you can use it both ways and try and find a later slot IIRC)

36 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Are you planning on getting an actual car when you pass, or just the Inv*c*r?! 

the Invacar :) it is my actual car! 

having been housebound for the most part for over 8 years now I am very much looking forward to the freedom it will hopefully afford me :) 

29 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

With some brief train travel required on your part I could assist... Can go m25/a1 and dip into an outer lahndahn station (lez_unfriendly car though) , via MK Station would be en route too, you'd just need to be shit hot on the timings. Especially coming back as who knows when we'll leave! 

Or work it all out from Peterborough (Kings Cross) and I'll dive past and go that way.

Ah I appreciate the offer! :)

but due to the tight timing of it all etc as you say, ill have to pass

due to my back etc its bad enough when im just trying to get myself to the FoD, let alone when trying to rendezvous with someone else!

But I very much appreciate the offer etc :) 

The Micra is a hair over the 1996 limit which is inconvenient, but doable I suspect (it's only out by a month). I don't know how stringent they are on those dates, however, as there's a 2000 Seicento in one of their pictures. Anyhow I'm going to try to get there some way, no excuse given its only in Lincolnshire.