Cars of Crackers

Crackers

Thanks all for your comments folks! 

It's the 2nd car I've ever owned, and the first I've chosen myself and paid money for. 

Thought I'd do things a bit differently to most 20 year olds! 

A few replies to common comments:

1 hour ago, Matty said:

If it has a manual gearbox as well then I'm going to kill myself through envy 🤣

Yes it does, a LT77 5-speed too! 

4 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Very nice? What are those wheels? Not a slot mag I recognise...

I haven't identified the wheels yet, not ones I've seen before either. They are quite Marmite and not everyone is a fan, but I love them personally. 

4 hours ago, Garythesnail said:

Needs Woolarding

Especially for you... (excuse the hair situation #WhatLockdown) 

IMG_20210320_172010.thumb.jpg.e14586220a07063cabbbe2e337a51def.jpg

Just now, Matty said:

I'm sure I saw this on ebay.  My uncle had a 3500s when I was a kid and they were just old cars. One of the many on my to own list. Absolutly beautiful you lucky sod 😍

You may well have done, it was on ebay and "my finger slipped". Thanks!!! 

Just now, Floatylight said:

Fantastic! Can one enquire how bad the insurance is for a 20yr old?

Bag of sand. 

3 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Very nice. Jag wheels?

I still haven't worked out what they are tbh. I'll have a proper look at the tomorrow, I can't find any slotmags online that have the same look across the hub. 

4 hours ago, Crackers said:

Thanks all for your comments folks! 

It's the 2nd car I've ever owned, and the first I've chosen myself and paid money for. 

Thought I'd do things a bit differently to most 20 year olds! 

A few replies to common comments:

Yes it does, a LT77 5-speed too! 

I haven't identified the wheels yet, not ones I've seen before either. They are quite Marmite and not everyone is a fan, but I love them personally. 

Especially for you... (excuse the hair situation #WhatLockdown)   :D

..excuse the hair situation #WhatLockdown   :D

IMG_20210320_172010.thumb.jpg.e14586220a07063cabbbe2e337a51def.jpg.adb9d5a5b48af8e61cf85edd79b9ecc3.jpg

Savvy ?

.. in reference to the both the car's registration and in the positive sense of the word meaning 'a very wise buy'

re. the wheels..  imo they sort-of revitalise what is a truly great British classic ..when driven by a 20 year old B) 

..in a way that would look as wrong as a balding man's hair-over if the car was owned by most of us (..old farts  :tired: ).

Pete.

7 hours ago, Bfg said:

..excuse the hair situation #WhatLockdown   :D

IMG_20210320_172010.thumb.jpg.e14586220a07063cabbbe2e337a51def.jpg.adb9d5a5b48af8e61cf85edd79b9ecc3.jpg

Savvy ?

.. in reference to the both the car's registration and in the positive sense of the word meaning 'a very wise buy'

re. the wheels..  imo they sort-of revitalise what is a truly great British classic ..when driven by a 20 year old B) 

..in a way that would look as wrong as a balding man's hair-over if the car was owned by most of us (..old farts  :tired: ).

Pete.

Okay, you WIN! 

Also, I shall be referring to it as "Savvy" from now on! 

1 minute ago, Skizzer said:

Lovely! Well bought, and great colour.

Does it have mango Nylon seats? And dare we ask whether it has any brake fluid?

Nope, beige boxpleat leather (vinyl?) 

And yes, at present the brake fluid it sitting nicely on the high mark. Keeling my eyes on it though! 

Nice! That’ll be actual leather too, unless it’s been re-upholstered by a barbarian.  Need more interior pics, immediately please.

Definitely well bought if the brakes are in good order 😁

P6s are such special cars, full of clever engineering and design touches. Outstanding choice for a first car!

Firstly: I'm delighted that someone so young can make such a choice!  Very well done there.

Secondly: does this mean that Autoshite is a good influence or a bad one?  Have we led you astray or is the future of the classic -car industry looking brighter than before?

Thirdly: you had better get yourself a big stick to fight off all the ladeez!

43 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

Firstly: I'm delighted that someone so young can make such a choice!  Very well done there.

Thanks Eddy! 

43 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

Secondly: does this mean that Autoshite is a good influence or a bad one?  Have we led you astray or is the future of the classic -car industry looking brighter than before?

A bit of both, plus the fact that I'm weird! 

44 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

Thirdly: you had better get yourself a big stick to fight off all the ladeez!

Ladeez? What're they? I think I said hello to one of those once. She seemed nice.