Cars of Crackers

Crackers

A couple more photos of the new motor. 

It's a 1.8 Sport, with the rare option of Air conditioning. Which works! Heated leather, 6 speed, basically everything bar the Bose stereo. That doesn't bother me as the sound system will probably get ripped out and upgraded at some point anyway. 

We have a K+N air filter which probably does nothing, and a stainless cat back which sounds brilliant - not too loud, it won't piss off the neighbours, but it's got a lovely note when you're nailing it and really adds to the experience. The ride is staggeringly good for such a light tiny car and it's even civilised on the motorway, a little revvy but perfectly acceptable. 

Drove home from the parents' place tonight in the dark - roof down, windows up, heater on high heat/low fan, heated seats on. Motoring heaven. 

I can see why they sell so many of these. 

IMG_20210925_181003.thumb.jpg.3864ccb7171e58d8aef4224aefbc8149.jpg

IMG_20210925_180911.thumb.jpg.296477f4bc0cea4844cf010bab223fd9.jpg

12 minutes ago, Crackers said:

IMG_20210925_180911.thumb.jpg.296477f4bc0cea4844cf010bab223fd9.jpg

I've just noticed on my phone screen how much it looks like the rear bumper and quarter panel have a terrible paint mismatch. That's the evening light and the various shadows of cars and the garage out of shot, making the mismatch look a lot worse than it actually is.

• Crackers changed the title to Cars of Crackers: Another One In!
18 minutes ago, SiC said:

Silver always ends up looking mismatched. 

Does this have the VVTi engine? Can't remember if the Sport designator is what signifies it. 

Not a clue, to be honest! It says S-VT on the V5 if that helps? I have a feeling the VVT jobbie was only fitted on the late 2004/2005 cars but I could be wrong. 

• 1 month later...
  • Crackers changed the title to Cars of Crackers: Cheerio, but be back soon.
10 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

That garage is FIT.

Isn't it just? A family friend has been extremely generous in allowing me to store the car in there over winter for a small fee. The garage is a triple and I'm very jealous. But also very lucky.