Brownnova’s Trans experiment - Born in the USA, Living in Wales: We got us a misfire!

brownnova

11 hours ago, brownnova said:

289B9AC3-CDFF-48AF-B3C5-CA8F779557D2.jpeg

Oh just look at that...If those seats are one tenth as comfortable as they look then I think I’d just never want to get out again.

I believe I may be IN LOVE.

Looks great in bright red, too. Most of the ones I’ve seen in the US are white, and red is much smarter.

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Um, the BIG question though is how has Mrs Bn reacted to this...or is she unaware until it lands?

We have one rule in our relationship that I can buy whatever I like, as long as she can drive it... I fear this one may change that rule!

To be fair she was aware before I bid, and quite likes the inside... I think mainly because she doesn’t have to look at the outside and it has tinted windows so no one can see her in it... 😂

2 hours ago, brownnova said:

8E0721CB-06B2-4D3A-95FA-FEF7ABAA5EA4.jpeg49D01B13-46FD-43D2-AA71-70D2029BF2E0.jpegF083ADC3-E159-4685-8217-952B19000B4C.jpegDC78CA7B-6398-49D0-837E-8705200043A4.jpeg5B198729-16B0-4491-A1C9-0FACF1A60E80.jpeg
98A61141-6819-43FB-9FD4-A44B20BC71C7.jpeg289B9AC3-CDFF-48AF-B3C5-CA8F779557D2.jpegFDD740E7-3854-4D51-A9F6-DB1D37D74CF3.jpeg

And of course I’m sure I’m not the only one who had one of these...

45FC1945-D7B4-45FE-AA22-C7A0AECAE981.jpeg

Firstly, it's like somebody put a toy Espace mk1 on a railway line, or under a road roller, but it got away with only minor squish.

Secondly, I like the toy shot of the 3.8 V6 being on a tax disc for a 496cc engined-something.

38 minutes ago, brownnova said:

We have one rule in our relationship that I can buy whatever I like, as long as she can drive it... I fear this one may change that rule!

To be fair she was aware before I bid, and quite likes the inside... I think mainly because she doesn’t have to look at the outside and it has tinted windows so no one can see her in it... 😂

Sounds like a well sorted relationship, lucky man. Have fun filling those seats 🤑

7 minutes ago, brownnova said:

@Ghostysaid @eddyramrodwas a fan of these... I’ll bring it to the lakes sometime 👍

to the lakes? I hope you bring it the FoD! 

Its a lovely magnificent bastard, will admit shamelessly that I do love the look of these things :) 

as a side note I swear there was a bus or mini bus that blatantly ripped the design off, but I cant recall what it was called

whatever the name, someone needs to get one of those now :) (assuming im not just imagining it!)

BTW looked it up out of my curiosity because its obviously  an Import but shows both a 1992 Year of manufacture and date of first registration as if someone here in the UK bought it new (rather then import it from the US or elsewhere a few years later as you might normally expect)

so I was curious what would show up, has had a fair few plates in its day at least!

image.thumb.png.1e5906d1073d7b503ce9892372f00d70.png

curious only has an import marker, but is not marked on my lookup thingy as used before first registration so im curious what the special notes section on the V5 say when that turns up if it has any there :) 

5 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

to the lakes? I hope you bring it the FoD! 

Its a lovely magnificent bastard, will admit shamelessly that I do love the look of these things :) 

as a side note I swear there was a bus or mini bus that blatantly ripped the design off, but I cant recall what it was called

whatever the name, someone needs to get one of those now :) (assuming im not just imagining it!)

BTW looked it up out of my curiosity because its obviously  an Import but shows both a 1992 Year of manufacture and date of first registration as if someone here in the UK bought it new (rather then import it from the US or elsewhere a few years later as you might normally expect)

so I was curious what would show up, has had a fair few plates in its day at least!

image.thumb.png.1e5906d1073d7b503ce9892372f00d70.png

curious only has an import marker, but is not marked on my lookup thingy as used before first registration so im curious what the special notes section on the V5 say when that turns up if it has any there :) 

Ah! Thanks! This is interesting info, I know very little of its history. I’d pegged that it was registered in the UK in 92, so it’s obviously been here since new or pretty much new. To answer what the V5 says: 

BDFA8149-1F1A-4F18-855F-5ABD6723EC68.jpeg

Interestingly it has euro spec lights, and the speedo and odometer are in kms. So it seems likely that it was bought new in Europe (The Netherlands or Switzerland seem to have their fair share) and brought straight over... 

Its actually the first personalised number plate I’ve ever owned! 

19 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Ah! Thanks! This is interesting info, I know very little of its history. I’d pegged that it was registered in the UK in 92, so it’s obviously been here since new or pretty much new. To answer what the V5 says: 

BDFA8149-1F1A-4F18-855F-5ABD6723EC68.jpeg

Interestingly it has euro spec lights, and the speedo and odometer are in kms. So it seems likely that it was bought new in Europe (The Netherlands or Switzerland seem to have their fair share) and brought straight over... 

Its actually the first personalised number plate I’ve ever owned! 

interesting! indeed it does not show a "Non EU import" marker that a direct US import would show (although im not sure how far back that marker goes, it may only be a more recent thing) 

so as along with the other things you (and @Mrs6C mentioned during the the last Virtual FoD) it is probably most likely Euro Spec car, Ex Armed forces maybe?

or did someone in the UK really buy it new from Europe and filled out the forms incorrectly so it got declared used rather then declared new? mystery that only I care about probably LOL

also very interesting to see the "number of keepers since such and such date" thing, I have only ever seen that on Ex Buff Logbook vehicles until now so thats very interesting to see on  such a recent vehicle :) 

(although im not sure I have seen the logbook of any other imported vehicle until now so maybe they all have it? more research is required there!)

will be interesting to see if the "since sept 1992" is still on the new logbook once it arrives :) 

Just curious has it been confirmed that this is a 1992 vehicle? just wondering if its actually maybe a 1990 one or such that some accidentally got declared made 1992 when they imported it in 1992 or such, that would explain some of its registration oddities maybe, but I dont know how to date one of these!

anyways Ill shutup now LOL 

7 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

interesting! indeed it does not show a "Non EU import" marker that a direct US import would show (although im not sure how far back that marker goes, it may only be a more recent thing) 

so as along with the other things you (and @Mrs6C mentioned during the the last Virtual FoD) it is probably most likely Euro Spec car, Ex Armed forces maybe?

or did someone in the UK really buy it new from Europe and filled out the forms incorrectly so it got declared used rather then declared new? mystery that only I care about probably LOL

also very interesting to see the "number of keepers since such and such date" thing, I have only ever seen that on Ex Buff Logbook vehicles until now so thats very interesting to see on  such a recent vehicle :) 

(although im not sure I have seen the logbook of any other imported vehicle until now so maybe they all have it? more research is required there!)

will be interesting to see if the "since sept 1992" is still on the new logbook once it arrives :) 

Just curious has it been confirmed that this is a 1992 vehicle? just wondering if its actually maybe a 1990 one or such that some accidentally got declared made 1992 when they imported it in 1992 or such, that would explain some of its registration oddities maybe, but I dont know how to date one of these!

anyways Ill shutup now LOL 

I believe the GT was a 1992 only model... 

Looks great! I think it says something (good) about you when you decide not to go down the Zafira/Galaxy route.

On a boring practical note, the individual seats and tinted windows are a massive plus point on a vehicle like this, so is a sliding door, great in the supermarket car park, it's a shame yours only opens roadside though.

Practical head off now, it's ace!

9 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

That’ll be the Indcar Maxim... 

9686A5C3-708C-41C0-8080-4506D9DF90C1.jpeg