Woop-woop! That's the sound of da police!

trigger

YPe4o79.jpg

Oh fuck, yeah :-)

I had these non-Recaro checked GL-type seats in a gold Mk3 3.0S about 30 years ago and very fine they were too. Sort of 3.0S base. My one had a steel sunroof though. I don't think the car in the pic had a tilty-slidey sunroof.

Every 3.0S for sale now seems to have the optional extra-cost Recaros which were mega comfy but were a bit more fragile and didn't wear so well. A bit like every Mk2 RS2000 being a factory "Custom" now.

ZHgKk6O.jpg

I had one of these from Santa, in 1974 I think.

Press the roof-light and it says police things. A battery-operated tape-loop thing.

Fuckin fantastic when you're 6.

Still is :-)

Probably some on ebay for peanuts if anyone interested, I think they were made by Tomy.

Beat me to it!! I love that someone built a replica and went so far as to obtain a near-identical registration mark for it. The MoT history of which suggesting that the world's most rotten Galaxie was used as the starting point.

Beat me to it!! I love that someone built a replica and went so far as to obtain a near-identical registration mark for it. The MoT history of which suggesting that the world's most rotten Galaxie was used as the starting point.

Cauty and Drummond fucked it up at that KLF thing in Liverpool last September. The owner was unpleased.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lq6XJl9xw80

Still got my triumph in its box.

Do you know the other sounds it made?

I seem to remember "Calling All Cars" or something like that. I think it had something like ten different sounds which it would play in random order.

After a few years I took my one to bits and it must have just got binned. It maybe got customised with different wheels then crashed or set on fire. It was meant to be a 2000 but the proportions were more like a Doloshite or a Toledo.

Yes of course it's bogus, I was just messin about for a few minutes with a free picsart app on my tablet, (kwality "alterations"), wasn"t sure if anyone would even notice it :-)

Unless anyone else knows different . . . stranger things have happened than the BL production of a 2-door 1275 Princess.

Like the 1275cc Rover SD1 5-speed.

Or the slant transverse-straight-8 3600 Landcrab to be badged as a Triumph.